15 February 2011

Meet Tom, Dick and Harry...........

   
....my new friends.    They are actually sweet potatoes which I have just set out to "chit".  Hopefully in a few weeks they will start shooting, then I will break off the shoots and either pot them up, or put them into water to root.   I tried this a couple of years ago, with reasonable success, even though I did start them off later, in April I think.   They do need a long growing season, and they prefer hot weather and well drained soil, which I think may be a lot to expect in the UK, but here in southern Czech Republic, we usually get.

I may have gone a little overboard with 3 but that's me all over, I always grow too much.  And last year I couldn't find any sweet potatoes anywhere so I'm making up for it this year.  I'll let you know how I get on.



No comments:

Post a Comment