17 March 2011

A Perfect Day

This is my third quilt, which I made at the end of last year for my sister-in-law's 60th Birthday.  The pattern is called Blueberry Chocolate Squares from Karrie Lyne at Freckled Whimsy for Moda.

 



I spent ages wondering what I could buy for a gift for her birthday then the light bulb came on and I thought about making a quilt.  Duuuhhh! By this time it was too late to order any fabric from the States or the Uk, so I went off to the local fabric shop and got this selection.   The colours are not really my choice but my sister-in-law is definitely a "brown person".   I made it quite quickly over Christmas and was very pleased with it.  The colours came out quite well (although not displayed to their best above) and everything lined up pretty well too.  I don't presume that everyone wants one of my quilts in their house, but as both my brother and his wife are retired now, they spend a lot of time out walking or visiting National Trust properties, often taking picnics with them.   I thought this would make a lovely  picnic blanket.  They also go off to France every year, so I thought it would be a nice travelling companion

However, they have found the perfect place for it in the house



Isn't it a nice feeling when a gift is so appreciated?

And the name for this is A Perfect Day (Lou Reed)


Thanks Karrie for the pattern

4 comments:

  1. Your quilt is lovely, it's great when you see it happy in its new home isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you browns not really my colour, but this is lovely reminds me of autumn leaves. Autumn is my favourite season! Sounds like its perfect for you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt! It turned out so lovely. I have this pattern and some fabric set aside, but I wasn't sure how it would turn out. You've inspired me to get going on it!

    ReplyDelete