11 May 2011

My new best friend, Valerie

At last, she's here, my new best friend, named Valerie (the Valkyrie) with the help of Agnieszka at a quilt maybe.


At first she was a little shy, reluctant to come out of her box.   But once I got her out and put her in her new home, she soon relaxed.



I had a little play - threading and doing some basic stitches, but due to work commitments, I've hardly had any time to sit down for more than 5 minutes.   I need a quiet hour to concentrate and get to know her a little better.  

The collection went smoothly yesterday, which please me enourmously.   This may seen strange to you, but to drive to a strange town, find the shop, have a lesson in czech, and make it home without incident is a major achievement.  I did do 15 circuits of the town of Znojmo because the GPS insisted I go down a one way street every time I came back around, so I abandonded the car and walked in the end!   The lady who owns the shop, and gave me my lessons was really nice, and I think I understood everything.  I have her e-mail address just in case.    And the icing on the cake is that she takes quilting workshops which she has invited me to, when the new year starts in September.   I may just get to make some Czech quilting friends.

Anyway, now that I've got my new friend, I'm going to be busy over the next 3 weeks, so I'm not going to get much time for sewing,  but I'm sure I can grab some quiet moments first thing in the morning before anyone else is awake!  Sorry if I was a bit of a nerd, getting excited over a new sewing machine, but actually it is a BIG DEAL!  Thanks for all you support.

5 comments:

  1. So great to know she's here finally.
    And I know my remark will probably sound not very polite, but just look at her throat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you should be excited and she looks wonderful! I was like a kid at Christmas when I got my machine and it wasn't even new. But I didn't care and still don't. Cause it's mine now! Very pleased for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks a beauty! And yeah, look at the size of the throat! Perfect, I'm sure you'll be great together ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course you'll be happy and excited about a new machine. After all hopefully you will be together for many more years to come! Congrats on getting yourself there and navigating around successfully! I look forward to seeing what you make in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a chuckle over your description of collecting your machine. I think I would have been quite exhausted by the end of the day, emotionally and physically.

    You have every right to be really excited about a new machine. I've only ever bought one, over 25 years ago. It really is a big deal. May your new machine be even better than you imagined! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete