27 June 2011

Monday is the new Wednesday

Normally I go line dancing on a Wednesday but I can't this week so I went tonight.  This is the big girls class and everyone that goes is better than us babies that go on a Wednesday.  So I didn't know all of the dances.   Add to that, my friend (and translator) is away for 4 weeks, so I went on my own.  I can't really explain how scary this is, but if you imagine jumping out of a plane without your parachute, you are close.   God what a drama queen.   No it's not that scary.  But when Lennie is with me, people don't talk to me, they talk to Lennie (even though I do understand a bit).  Tonight, because I was on my own, people actually talked to ME, and asked ME  about myself, and included me in their conversations.  Some of them even KNEW MY NAME.   I realise this makes me look like a Nobby-no-mates, but for me this is  A STONKIN' RESULT.  I'm so please that I plucked up the courage to go.  I nearly chickened out.

I don't have any of my pictures, but here's one I made earlier, in winter.   In summer we dance outside.


I'm the one sort of in the centre with the jeans, white t-shirt and cardi
I know that people fall into two camps with line dancing.  1) those who like it and 2) those who think the one's who like it need to get a life.   I'm firmly in the first, my husband is firmly in the second.  And I do take some abuse for it I can tell you.  So nothing you can say can upset me,  Sticks and stones, sticks and stones.......

As you can tell I had a good night.  Goodnight

5 comments:

  1. Lol! If you enjoy it thats all that counts! Glad you had a good night. I hate it when people talk to the person next to you because they think you can't understand/too young/old/stupid etc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good night. Husbands! John still can't wrap his head around the fact that I like country music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a good night and well done going on your own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on you for going on your own, and so glad that you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so proud of you. Wow, you are really brave, and it paid off. I'm in your camp regarding line dancing. It's great exercise and a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete