06 June 2011

Nice day for a barbecue

Boy did we have a lot of weather on Saturday!    The day started with a glorious blue sky and by 2pm it was 32 degrees on the patio.  I started off early by tidying up the greenhouse, but had to get out before I finished when it touched 42 in there.  So I did a bit of potting up in the shade, tidied up the cold frame and moved it to a slightly shadier spot for the summer


By 1pm though it was too much for me so I retired inside to do a bit of this


and a bit of this



Unfortunately this is pants and is going to have to be unpicked and re-done.   But it was my first time, and it went better than I thought it would.

The day was going soooo well...........................

By 3pm it had clouded over so I went back out to do a bit of weeding, but was only out there 5 mintues before the thunder started, and then the lightening.  I'm not very happy outside in the thunder so back inside for more of the same.   The storm that arrived very quickly was one of the best.  This is the garden after around just 5 minutes rain.


If you look carefully you can see the onions and the sweet corn doing the back stroke

But it cleared up so we pressed ahead with the barbie.   Sadly the storm was having a laugh and it came back, with the wind this time, just as Gordie was outside tending the barbie



But he's British, and a scout to boot, so a bit of rain wasn't going to stop him.  He's usually quite dry under there and often barbies in the rain.  But this was coming in sideways straight through the gap.




So the cry soon came up "Put the oven on! I'm stranded"   I had to let him in by the side door you can see in the photo below

Wimp!

The barbie was good though.   Hope you had better weather.

3 comments:

  1. Great picture capturing the rain coming down! At least he had a little covered terraced area to hide in, even if the rain did find him in there. What a day! Sure the rain cooled things down a bit though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was only here in Scotland that you got 4 seasons in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is one drenched garden after 5 mins rain! I don't blame him for coming inside either lol!

    ReplyDelete