30 June 2011

Numpty

I don't know if you all know what a numpty is.  It's basically an idiot who does stupid things.................


...............like promising to finish a Dresden circle, then you find you've run out of the white fabric you were going to use.


...............Like cutting, joining and pinning the  binding onto your Sweet Dreams quilt only to find it is 6 inches shorter than  needed.   And that was the last of the fabric.

So, I guess that makes me a numpty, proving beyond doubt that my husband is correct.

Anyways,  a quick trip to the shop in Breclav this afternoon sorted out the binding problem, which is now 50% attached.   So this evening I shall mainly be sitting in front of the telly with a glass of wine and the dogs, watching the Apprentice and finishing the binding. 

Here's a sneak preview



What you can't see are the two dogs and a cat curled up on the rug at my feet.   What else do you need?  Chocolate maybe?

Oh yes, and a husband of course.  Sorely missed by us all.

5 comments:

  1. Numpty - that is the term I am forever using about myself. At least you just didn't have enough binding. I have been known to get to the joining bit, cut the excess and in the process do it wrong and then not have enough. You may have a kindred spirit here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah not a numpty, you were just creating an excuse to go fabric shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe, we should start the numpty club! I've done what susans talking about a few times... enjoy your evenings binding with the adorable menagerie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep I'm a numpty too, regularly ......unfortunately.
    Sounds like a very pleasant evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Numpty, interesting term. I think maybe you are just a bit tired from that beautiful vegetable garden you are growing! Glad you had a night of hand sewing, wine, tv, and hanging with your dogs.

    ReplyDelete