22 July 2011

Favourite Things Friday

My favourite thing this week is my freshly painted house.

We have been on holiday this week and decided to re-paint the outside of the house.  Although it is only just over 3 years old, I think the builder used the cheapest, nastiest paint possible, and probably only did one coat in a lot of places.  As a result, it has faded very badly, making my lovely house look shabby.   We started on Saturday and eventually finished this morning.  And it looks beautiful.

Here's an "in progress" photo


The colour on the left was originally the same as the colour on the right.  I love it when the change is so obvious.


And here is the finished article.  A view of the kitchen window and porch.  I know it's very bright, but it just looks right.

We've just got the cleaning up to do - we're very untidy painters - then maybe I could get some sewing done.  Oh, after the gardening, which needs to be done before the rain starts again.

Pop over to Quilting in my pyjamas to see what other peoples Friday favourites are.

12 comments:

  1. Looks great, very cheerful and welcoming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house looks fantastic. You must be knackered though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bright sunshine house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Your house looks amazing! What a difference a coat of paint can make! LOVE that colour.

    While I hate the process of painting I love looking at the finished result. You should be really proud of your achievement this week.

    Brilliant FTF! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the yellow with the roof tiles. Very stylish! Looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks amazing...you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing quite like a coat of paint to make the place look new again.
    That is such a happy colour you have used I'd smile every time I saw it.
    Fantastic Favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having a prob with your email address - replied to your email and it got flung back "recipient unknown" - ??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your house looks great! We painted ours this spring (after 10 years) and I just love the fresh paint look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job, it looks so sunny now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that old paint had really faded hadn't it! The house looks lovely, great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the gold color with the reddish brown trim. Well done.

    ReplyDelete