|Is it for me?|
|I love this one|
|Complete with (Slightly wonky) label|
Progress is also being made on the farmers wife blocks. Here's week 2. Both of these took ages to cut, and were quite complicated to put together.
|Silver Lanes (79) on the left and Country Path (24) on the right|
|And all together. I think that one a t the top is going to have to be re-done. There's not enough contrast on the HSTs|
1. HST - make them bigger and cut them to size
2. On clarty little pieces, like 1" HST, a pin is more trouble than it's worth.
3. I did use a couple of templates, which at first I thought were a pain in the bum, but then I found those little nibby bits on the end are brilliant for lining up, especially on the bias seams.
Things that are improving
1. Accurate cutting
2. taking time to line the seams up carefully
3. Straight seams
4. Accuracy and neatness of the finished piece - only in the centre though, it still gets a bit unruly towards the outside, as I lose focus a bit.
Things that need more work
1. How to use the templates properly
2. Remembering to make sure the seams on the bottom piece are open before stitching over them.
3. Take breaks and concentrate right to the end.
I might get some more done this afternoon as it's HOT at the moment (35 yesterday) at which point I melt down and it's a good excuse to retreat inside.