05 September 2011

Happy Birthday Freddie

I see from Google that today would have been Freddie Mercury's 65th Birthday, so tonight we will raise a glass to the man, one of the best  voices ever to have lived (in my humble opinion).   I was lucky enough to see Queen live a couple of times, during the late 1970's, and I think you would have to go a long way to beat the show-manship.  I also screwed up buying tickets twice (1. forgot to sign the cheque 2. only added 1 admin charge not two) something for which I am never forgiven, and will no doubt be brought up again when we chat about him tonight over dinner! 




So Happy Birthday Freddie - you are missed!

3 comments:

  1. Radio 2 have been playing him all day - 65, hard to imagine. His music will outlive us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol hmmm my man is a HUGE queen fan so I quite picture the ribbing you'll be getting for messing up the tickets twice! Still, you did get to see him, and that must've been amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have LOVED to have seen Queen in concert. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete