30 October 2011

Day 30/31 Blogtober fest

And I've finished the top for my Modern Table Runner swap.  Hooray!  The green fabric I ordered  from England a couple of weeks ago still hasn't arrived, so I decided to get on with the replaement border in some red polka dot fabric that I already have.  It's czech fabric, and not such nice quality as the other fabrics I've used, but I think once it's all quilted and bound, it'll be fine.

 
Here's a close up of all that red dottiness


And now I'm in a bit of a quandry.   I was going to machine embroider a little hanger for each bauble like this


but in pale green.  But looking at this now, I'm not so sure.   There'd be 15 vertical rows of stitching, which I think will be a bit odd across the top.  Perhaps I could  incorporate something into the quilting?   I was planning to do a row or two of quilting to echo the points, but not sure what to do in the main body.   I may hop off  to the free motion quilting project to get some inspiration.

Anyways, I do hope my partner will like it, because if not, I'd like to keep it myself!

7 comments:

  1. I like your new table runner. Not sure, but I think you could incorporate into the quilting. I always struggle making these kind of decisions. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think it looks lovely! I am terrible at quilting decisions, I hope you find some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the baubles need to be hanging to give the right impression. How about just one line of straight line stitching to each one in a coloured thread that stands out enough to show the effect and then keep the rest of the quilting in white so that it disappears into the background? I love the whole idea of this runner and look forward to seeing how you decide to quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you could listen to Susan! I'm terrible with decisions like that... Its lookin fab though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Susan's idea sounds great too. I'm really crap at making decisions on anything, especially how to quilt something, so i'm no help at all.
    The table runner is looking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is looking wonderful and I look forward to seeing how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you will make the right decision and it will be lovely because it already is...Susan does have a good idea but I really like the idea of the smallest ric rac!

    ReplyDelete