11 October 2011

I'm lovin' it...

Well that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I'm not disliking it as much as I did before (however I have only just noticed that my seams don't line up - I'll have to sort that out tomorrow.)



Thanks for all your suggestions as to what was wrong with my first efforts.   I've taken them on board, and will probably try one that is not so wonky, and one with mixed colours, but at the moment, I like the single colour.

The other thing that I'm loving is the parcel that arrived this morning.  I have a sherbet pips charm pack, that I want to use to make a baby quilt for my friend's daughter who is expecting a boy in December.   Now I would normally just use white as sashing, but I saw a quilt on flickr that rather took my fancy.  Unfortunately I have no idea which it was as I can't find it again, but instead of white, each block was bordered by either blue, grey white or red.   So I ordered some of the aforementioned blue, grey, red and white (using my Kona colour card for the first time, which proved to be dead useful), and here it is


Oh I am so pleased with this.   Guess what I'll be doing on my day off tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Ohh brilliant! Where did you get your Kona card? I sooooo want one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Kona colour card and my Bella solids colour card. It makes life so easy when I want to order online.
    Eve if you don't love your wonky star, I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I need to thoroughly check my typing before hitting enter
    eve = even

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colors look so cute, I can't wait to see the finished project. I am still wondering what to do with my sherbet pips

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shall follow with interest as I also have plans for Pips & Little Apples charm packs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo can't wait to see what you do with the pips fabric! I love my kona colour card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like your baby quilt plans and the star is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The star is wonderful! That quilt package looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete