09 October 2011

Wonky stars

It's been a pretty bad day today weather wise, so other than walking the dogs, I've stayed in thinking and sewing. After the success (well, I think it was successful) of the Goodie Swap, I have joined in with theModern Christmas Table Runner Swap.   I swore I would never do wonky stars - it's just not me, all that wonkiness - I like regular and symmetrical.  But I think my partner likes them, so I am incorporating some in the overall pattern.    I've done a couple of practice stars, and they just don't float my boat.   What do you think?


Tell me honestly what you think.  Is it just me, needing them to be straight?  Or is there something wrong?   Am I trying to get them too wonky?  Please tell me what you think.  And don't feel you have to  be nice if you think they're pants.

I'm going off to do something else now - something straight and symmetrical!  I'll await your comments.

8 comments:

  1. I made my first ones a couple of weeks ago,i quite like wonky but think i like my points to be rougly thesame size,maybe that is what you dont like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did wonky really well, Di. The only thing I would change is to not put the colours like that. Mix them up more. The way it is you have a row of colour with a contrasting one sticking out either side. It needs less order to it. Any help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did well too. I agree with Sheila, I prefer the points to be similar sizes. I also agree with Susan, you could mix up the colour a bit more, maybe try a red and green point on a couple of sides. A great first try considering you don't like wonky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are lovely! perhaps you do not like them because they are wonky? but truly they are lovely,
    denise/deBRAT in a wet wet tampa bay florida

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the different point heights, adds to the wonky. Not so sure about mixing the colours to be honest - the dark red looks stunning with the other reds, but not so good with the greens. Helpful or do you want to chuck the laptop at me?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like them. I think you have done a great job. I like the differing points. It could be simply that you like symmetrical. I think they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly, I like them! I think the different points look good. Maybe mix up the colours more - the more you do the more you may grow to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them! Don't change a thing, just make some more! I always love making these wonky stars, once I relax with them I could just make them all day. I do love straighter stars too, of course, but the wonky ones always seem so fresh and modern.

    ReplyDelete