04 November 2011

Favourite Things Friday

I wouldn't normally make fabric as the subject of Fabourite things Friday.   After all, we could all do that every week  but I am so excited about what I received in the post today, I just couldn't resist 



As you know I'm relatively new to quilting, and to buying fabric on line.   Although I've bought bits here and there (Bits?  I hear my husband crying)  I've yet to make a serious purchase.  You know, a grown up purchase, a full FQ set of one design.  Until now.  Today, after 3 1/2 weeks waiting, this little baby arrived all the way from America


A full set of Hope Valley.  Oh my word, it is wonderful.    I've had a few FQ's before but put them all together, side by side, and it is beyond belief!   I can't make my mind up which ones I like best


The blues?


The greens?

The pinks?
And what am I going to do with this?  Well, my friend who was over here in September, asked me if I would make a quilt for her.    In trying to find a pattern she liked, she saw the Supernova Quilt


She's not a girl to mess about making decisions (unlike me) so there and then she decided this is the quilt she wants, in this fabric.   So I have the full authority to spend someone else's money to buy a full set of Hope Valley to make a quilt I wanted to make anyway - I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!!   And she wants it as a summer quilt, so I have all winter to make it.   And you never know, there may be a bit left over for me! 

The only drawback is, in buying it from America, it was pulled out by customs, and I had to pay around £20 duty and clearance charges.   That's a bit of a bummer, but it made it around the same price as buying it on-line in the UK, if you could get hold of it, which you can't. 

Also in the same parcel was 2 metres of this beautiful fabric

It's from Valori Wells' Wrenly collection.   I've never owned any voile before, and this certainly won't be the last time.   If I never make anything from it, I can just sit with it next to me, stroking it!.     I've bought it to make a beachy type tunic top for my hols.  I think I'm running out of time now though.  We'll see

Please, hop over to  Quilting in my Pyjamas to check out other peoples Friday favourites

10 comments:

  1. Ooooh snap!! I'm a bit short on your bundle tho lol Like you said, couldnt find all of it in UK. I've admired that particular supernova before, it really does look fab in HV...

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the most exciting things in life is getting a bundle of squishy goodness in the mail especially when it's as gorgeous as the Hope Valley range. I'm particularly partial to the pinks and blues...

    That's one collection I don't have but looking at your pictures I'm seriously tempted (after having bought another 7 yards of fabric last night - but I got my daily fix from looking at your lovely pile of yumminess so Im probably go to go for another day or so !)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love hope valley fabrics! I have my own pile waiting for the perfect quilt! (I don't have your friends skills with decision making!)
    Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty fabrics, good luck with the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty fabrics! I like the blue colorway the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous fabrics! I am swooning over the blues in particular. That quilt is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fabrics .. can't wait to see the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having just sewn with some of this for Laura's bee blocks - it is gorgeous. And as someone who hasn't bought any new fabric in a looooooong time, it is making my internet buying finger very itchy. Now, all I need is the money!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That really is a stunning quilt - I love the white background.

    I am partial to the greens :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am totally buying this bundle when i get paid. i can't take it anymore! it is always sooo much fun to buy fabric with someone elses money huh! too bad you couldn't keep it all for yourself! ;)

    ReplyDelete