25 November 2011

Favourite Things Friday

I haven't posted on Favourtie Things Friday for a couple of weeks as we've been away, and I really wanted to get back into it.  But honestly, I've had an uninspiring week.  The weather is bleeuurrgh and I've felt bleeuuggh (post holiday and post snotty cold), and I couldn't think of anything I vaguely liked, let alone loved enought to be my favourite! 

But this afternoon we drove over to the paint shop to buy some paint for the lounge, and look what we came home with



The photo doesn't really do it justice, beacause it is THE most beautiful, rich fushcia colour you could imagine.  And it's so unlike anything we would normally choose.  In fact I don't know how we both agreed on a colour like this!    This is what it might look like on the wall



No, it definitely doesn't look as nice as it is.   It is gorgeous.  I hope I still think it is when the whole wall is done!

Guess what we're doing this weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Ooo that will be great! I put something similar on my wall recently but it was a little more pink. Love that shot of intense colour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the room when it is finished. Be sure to post a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bright colours and wish I had the guts to paint my walls something that makes people's eyes pop when they see it.

    Hope that post holiday/winter weather funk leaves you as you are painting your heart out this weekend!

    I missed your Friday posts and I'm glad you're back ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back missus! That red is bright! Are you doin the whole 4 walls in it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooohhhhh! you are brave! i can't wait to see it on your wall! it is a very pretty color, we once painted our bathroom a rich rich rich red. it was heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. Just the thing to end the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a terrific colour! I know I wouldn't be allowed to put that in our house....maybe in the bedroom where our eyes are always shut ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is one bold color. Can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colour and the room is going to be so cosy - that colour, the fire going, some hand sewing - bliss!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great to be brave with colour - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a cheery colour....hope your cold gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete