08 November 2011

Happy Christmas Partner

 Modern Christmas Table Runner Swap 2011




Yip, yip, yip.  So partner, I've finished it.  My Table Runner for the Modern Christmas Table Runner Swap. And I have to say I'm very pleased with how it's turned out.  It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than I thought it would be once or twice in the last few weeks!

I've tried paper piecing the border (twice, if you don't know why read this).



I've tried applique and fancy machine embroidery


I also tried FMQ'ing around those baubles, hand quilting around them (which was rubbish!), adding ric-rac, diagonal quilting, frosty quilting, and even meandering FMQ, in white and green, all on my test piece





And the final outcome

One table runner complete with baubles and wonky stars



and snow-flake quilting


and the back


And a roll up

 And finally

With a little Chrissie Dekkie to go with it.

Partner, I've had great fun making it, learning new techniques, seeing all the photos along the way, guessing whose is whose, and joining in with the discussions   So partner, I hope you like it.  You'll have to forgive the few mistakes I've made that I was unable to repair or "Cover up"!   I've tried to take into account your mosaic, and all the comments you've made along the way. - you've not been a problem to make for as you seem to like most things.  I look forward to seeing some photos of your table during the festivities!

Happy Christmas, Partner!

15 comments:

  1. This makes we wish I were your partner but that would mean I should have signed up for this swap and I did not. Silly me! Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. And I just love the snowflake quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic! I love that snowflake quilting and the little pressie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my gracious! i wish i was your partner! i wish i was in the swap! lovely work! it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table runner is sooooo lovely and your little house is just adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo, didn't see the snowflake quilting on Flickr. Love that added touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh Di it looks fabulous! And you know what? I really love that you tried new things whilst you were making it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is wonderful! Maybe I am your partner, I would be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous finish di - and the snowflake quilting is inspired - wonder if it's coming downunder??

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHat a lovely runner, and the wee house is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks fabulous. I wish I had joined in then I might have been your partner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you ended up doing the quilting, it looks great! It would look marvelous on my table.

    ReplyDelete
  13. never saw the snowflake quilting on the flickr photo it is lovely, ooooooooooo is it mine !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful runner. You did such a great job, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dianne, az teraz som si precitala ze byvate v Cechach. Ja som sa narodila a vyrastla na Slovensku a teraz byvam v Statoch s manzelom a detmi. Som velmi rada ze quilting sa rozsiruje aj v Cechach a na Slovensku. Takze este raz, krasny table runner. http://sotakhandmade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete