02 December 2011

Favourite things Friday

After last week's Fave thing, there could only be one thing this week.    Do you remember this?


Well, after 3 days painting, this is what became of it


It was a swine to paint the edges and get them anything like straight.   I seem to have a slight shake that I didn't know I'd got!   But I am soooo pleased with it.





When we moved into the house 4 years ago, everything was put where we thought best, and of course we never got around to moving it.   It's a bit room and it always seemed a little bland and cold.   Now I think we have it just right, and it's become super cosy.   And it's got the thumbs up from the dogs and cats too, to all is right in the world!

Today I went to see a patchwork exhibition by a local group in Breclav.  They kindly let me take some pictures, so I'll let you have a look throught them - if I can ever work out how to get them off my phone!

Di
xxx

13 comments:

  1. Loving the colour even more on your wall. It is sooooo cosy! But I am dead jealous of (a) the size of the room, (b) the incredible fireplace, and (c) the sheer tidiness of it all. I could only dream of having a place that tidy. Because the other three would make sure it didn't last long like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you need now is a big Christmas tree in the corner. Looks so cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE it! Looks fabulous! I know how you feel about those edges too I had the same problems lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! Fabulous colour. It looks wonderful and I bet it makes a huge difference to the room.

    Ummm I have some wobbly edges round here too...nobody will notice yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so inspired me with your bold color. Red has always been a favorite of mine, but I've always stuck to neutral colored walls. Maybe I can be brave now and branch out. Your room is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it - and I love, love, love, your fireplace. Very cool and modern. Enjoy your beautiful room this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that color looks great on the walls. Now you need some big floor pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, shaky hands! the painters nightmare!!! it looks so awesome and so cozy! makes me want to curl up under a quilt and sip cocoa while watching a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love that colour it looks so warm and inviting. Your fireplace is fabulous too. You're all set now for a lovely cosy place to sit out the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wall is fantastic! What ever would you have done if the cats and dogs didn't approve?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous color! It truly cozies up your room. Love your fireplace too! Very nice favorite. Thanks for sharing. Happy FTF! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful color! What a warm, inviting room. Of course if the critters give their approval, that's all you need to know! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love red walls, that looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete