02 January 2012

2012 Finish-along

2012 Finish-A-Long




Rhonda over at Quilter in the gap is hosting a finish along,  where we all drag those un-loved, unfinished projects out of the cupboard, and well, finish them  I actually don't have a huge pile of UFO's because

1.  I haven't been quilting long
2.  By nature, I like to see things finished.  I hate having a lot of things hanging around my neck.

But, I do have a few things that I really will be glad to see the back of.

Firstly, dare I mention this,




the dresden circle which we tackled with Lynne at Lily's quilts.  I thought I would do just one dresden and make a cushion cover, but like many of you, it was way bigger than I thought.   It has gone through several re-births, blogged here  and here and here.  I have finally made a filler for it, and I just have to GET RID OF IT!

Whilst deciding what to do with the back, I strangely thought it would be a good idea to make another smaller dresden, cut in half with the zipper up the middle.   Christ what was I thinking?   SO now I have another dresden which I don't know what to do with !


It is much smaller, so I might to make a sister cushion (without the zip up the middle).


 In July I started to make this cathedral windows cushion,




but just after I got to this point


I decided I didn't have enough white fabric to finish so I had to abandon it, never to go back to it .... yet.   I really like this so I want to finish this one .  Here's the fabrics I've got lined up for the windows



And finally,  Rhonda may not let me have this one, because I'm not sure if I've blogged about it or not.   I have my eye on several lovely fabrics to make a skirt, but as it's years since I last made one, and I need a bit of a practice, I bought some cheap fabric in town, rather than ruin something more expensive.   So what I'm saying is ignore the ugly fabric!.








Well that's it - if I get this lot finished it'll be a minor miracle!   Watch this space!

10 comments:

  1. I'll be watching! The skirt has a really lovely shape, will you make it again in fabric that you like more? I think the cathedral windows will be lovely, I have yet to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still laugh every time I see the zip in the centre of the Dresden. I have stuffed my Dresden from that QAL in the cupboard. I don't think it will ever see the light of day again.
    Love cathedral windows so I'd love to see you make it, love the fabrics you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your skirt and I think the fabric is not at all bad. And your fabric for the Dresden QAL block is right up my alley.

    I avoid zips completely. I have zipophobia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted a catherdral windows pillow but all that folding and work has so far put me off! My Lilys Quilts dresden isn't even as finished as yours so thats on my list too! And I look forward to seeing your finished skirt! I have just managed to make my first ever skirt in a muslin so now need to try it in real fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathedrals are AMAZING fun! I made four cushions in 2010 and gave them all away as PIFs (never did get mine in return!) and must make myself one. Or two. I'm good at finishing projects, too, but still found a few lurking! (and your dresden is nearly there! One last puuush!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crack me up! It doesn't matter if you have blogged about it or not. All that matters is if you have have started the project prior to this post. So, it appears this project (the skirt) qualifies. Thanks so much for playing along. MY dresden is also a UFO and I am not overly pleased with it either. We will see what happens with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fabrics you've chosen for your windows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No UFOs eh? Still managed to come up with a list of them though... LOL Good luck! Looking forward to seeing the Cathedral Windows done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love the look of the skirt and finishing the cushions will be a great goal! I don't have any UFOs but then I've only been quilting since August! I'm hoping to never have many!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that we are all doing this FAL together. Looking forward to seeing these finishes.

    ReplyDelete