27 January 2012

Favourite things Friday

Hi there.  Returning at last after the Christmas break.  Sorry I'm a bit late to the party, but there's not very much going on here at this time of the year,  so no "favourites".

But this week, my favourite thing has been a mini break in Flachau in Austria skiing.   Here's a few photos

From the lift

The cute little tower that we stayed in, right on the slope

Tuesday, we got up to this

And this




Is there anyone in there
Yes, it's me!




Still snowing


We were there for 2 and a half days, and it didn't stop snowing!   To quote British Rail, for the first 1 and a half days, it was the wrong sort of snow, very wet and sticky.  But Tuesday was AWESOME.  Sorry I hate that word too, but it was, awesome!

And finally a gratuitous photo of food.  A lot of it.

This was breakfast for the two of us.  cereal, fruit, yoghurt, salmon, meats and cheeses, pate, jam and bread.  We were very brave and ate as much as we could, be we did have to try and ski afterwards!

We don't do this often enough.  We thought when we came to live in central europe, we would get away more often to ski, but there's always something else happening.   We now have to wait until late February or early March before we can get away again,.  Hey ho.   Happy Friday!

Hop over here to see some other favourites

9 comments:

  1. It looks cold. I used to ski but I hate the cold so I decided instead to make the most of the après ski part of skiing. That's much more fun and a whole lot warmer (and merrier)
    Mmmmmm Nutella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to stop using awesome as a descriptive word on my blog now...

    I mentioned before that this looks just like a postcard to me. We don't get snow where I live at all so Im very envious when I see pictures like this. I dont know if I'd like the accompanying cold though. Glad you had fun!

    Your nutella looks just like our nutella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures, but it looks so cold. Glad you had a good get-away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that looks fun, although I may be salivating a tad over breakfast...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet is this? Looks like you had a great time! I have never tried skiing, but it is on my bucket list. One day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snow is lovely. I wish I lived somewhere where we could enjoy it. But, we have 79'F this weekend. No winter here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i wish it looked like that at my house. all of our snow is melted... i am so glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks wonderful, the snow, the place you stayed and that breakfast!

    ReplyDelete