26 February 2012

A bit of a day




Yesterday I had what I'd call a bitty day.  I didn't achieve anything major, but I did lots of bits of things.

First of all we took one of my quilts to it's new home.   I finished my Melly and me quilt this week.



I decided to give this one to the new girl in town, Erika.  I was in two minds because it was a bit blue in the end, but it is such a bright quilt, I hope she'll forgive me!

The when we got home, I did a bit of baking.  It's my birthday on Friday so I will take some cakes in to work, and I like to make English cakes for the girls.

Then I waxed and polished my hall table.



Unfortunately, when I put that nice vase of tulips on it in the week, it must have been wet and stained the table top.  Polishing has reduced the stain a bit, but it's still there - you can just see it.  It will however, be in good company as there are loads of other marks on it.  It gets a lot of abuse, being in the hall.

Then I made a bit of progress on the tutorial for the zippy pouch I made for the Mouthy stitches swap.



And then I must admist I had a snooze on the settee whilst the rugby was on!

Then I made dinner - tuna with cous-cous.

And then, last but not least I did this


Woo hoo!    I booked my place at the Fat Quarterly retreat in London in June!     I have watched just about everyone I know in blogland book for this event over the last few months, and have wavered indicisively between being frugal (we have quite a lot of expense coming up this year) and thinking oh What The Hell, you only come this way once.  Finally, last week, I was beginning to think I was the only person in the whole world not going, and What The Hell won out!   I also have also put in my booking form for a room, and today I will book some flights.   So, I'll be seeing you all there!  How long is it?


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see you at the retreat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another one that I'll have to be jealous of...our entire bee will be there except me and Danny, Boo!

    ReplyDelete