03 February 2012

Favourite Thing Friday

Linking in with Favourite thing Frdiay over at Shay's place.  I was hoping to be able to announce the arrival of a new baby thing into the world, but the baby in question has decided it's not quite ready yet.  Maybe next week.

I was a bit stumped for a fave thing after that, but then I started to make tea.  It's not a secret that I'm a rubbish cook.  There have been some monumental disasters over the years - three mile island christmas pudding, Dalek Christmas Tree, Corned beef fritter soup, to name but a few.  But I do have one or two "signature dishes".  Cheese on toast, cornflakes...........no seriously I make a bloody good lasagne and a bostin' bread and butter pudding, but they both use the same dish, so you never get them at the same meal!   My latest success is Anthony Worrel Thomsons Morroccan Chicken ( all spelt wrong probably).    The finished meal is lovely but what I really love is the spices used to marinade the chicken.  Who could resist this?

Paprika, ginger, turmeric, cayenne and cinnamon
 Worthy of making into a quilt!

This is what it looked like when it was cooked


Yum, yum, pigs bum!   Once I find something I can cook, I repeat it, often.  Guess what you'd get if you visited!

14 comments:

  1. OK! I am on my way.... save my portion !!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum yum pigs bum! lol! looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm nice spice mix... so my veggieness means I'd be gettin the bread and butter pud? I'll settle for that very happily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I ever come to visit you, I can`t have Moroccan chicken - we eat that every week here! Are you from the Black country by any chance?? I used to have a botfriend who called things `bostin` `!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was just about to ask the same as Annabella!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Looks and sounds so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "three mile island christmas pudding, Dalek Christmas Tree, Corned beef fritter soup" OMG you had me laughing with these. Sounds like anything I bake!

    I am a fan of spices and that Moroccan chicken looks divine...Off to google the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks delicious! I'm not an overly talented cook myself and also tend to stick with what works. It's great to find something yummy that works!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you must share some of those more memorable recipes with us... ;o) I always admire the Indian spices when I'm using them too, lots of rich colours

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anything with those spices has tobe good. Congratulations for widening your repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooohhhh that looks fab......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it especially Yum Yum Pigs Bum. We had a cooking disaster this weekend. My daughter got a cupcake book for her birthday and she settled on melted marshmallow cupcakes. Exploded marshmallows throughout the cakes what a mess and the melted marshmallows in the microwave another messy disaster. They taste ok though... but I have told my daughter never again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks yumm. Love cooking with spices.

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks yummy for a old evening meal. Always love a stew or gravy dish.

    ReplyDelete