01 February 2012

WIP Wednesday


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Yesterday it seemed like the real winter weather arrived.  It is getting down to minus 14 or 15 deg c at night, and the days aren't much better.  We took the dogs for a walk this evening and the wind was taking a layer of skin off!  But still no snow.

This is the first week that I'm joining in with  WIP Wednesday withLee at Freshly pieced.   I thought it would help me keep on top of where I am, what I have to do, and what'd getting left on the shelf.   I never intended to have so much on the go, but I seem to have caught this disease - probably from blog land via the computer!

So this is how it goes then

New projects 
I've made a real start this week on the zippy pouch for the Mouthy Stitches Swap.   I couldn't find a tutorial for what I wanted, so I had a go at making one myself


This was my practice one, so you have to ignore the fabric and the zip.  It's also got the proper stiffening to hold the sides up.   I've had another practice of the back seams and started making the real one today.

Ongoing


Melly and Me    I finished the back on Monday and got it all basted ready to be quilted .


Not sure whether to do diagonal straight line quilting or a meandering FMQ.   I have some other ideas for a four petal flower in each diamond, but I'm not so confident, and I don't want to ruin the quilt.

Supernova I've also made 3 stars for my Supernova quilt this week.






I'm really enjoying making this quilt - the fabric is wonderful, and the block is interesting to make. But I do have to stop myself because I have other projects with deadlines, whereas there isn't one for this one.



No progress

Skirt for me
Farmers wife
Cathedral windows cushion
Sherbet pips - girlie quilt.
Small purse.

Stats

Completed projects - 0
New Projects - 1
Currently in progress - 7

I'm hoping to spend some time sewing at the weekend, so there should be some progress next week.  Follow the link to see what else is going on.





7 comments:

  1. hope you get some time to sew this weekend ...good start made xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soe lovely stuff there Dianne, love the Supernova blocks. And your temps are making it feel warmer here at just below freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that pouch looks really interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pouch shape is fantastic, and I'm loving your supernova... I want one... lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you made that pouch with no tutorial, it's amazing, well done!
    Love the Supernova blocks.
    Now that's cold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Melly and Me quilt, so cute! The pouch looks amazing and what a great shape! Any chance you'd do a tutorial on it??! please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is all lovely, I especially like that pouch and it's shape. I hope you have fun with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete