29 February 2012

WIP Wednesday

I've tried to get a move on with my projects before I get busy in the garden.  I'm also away for a few days in March.  But I don't seem to have got very far.


New projects

I've not started any new projects, but I have joined in with Katy's Foundation paper piecing for the terrified, and have produced this




remarkably easily.  I'll certainly carry this on, with the eventual aim of doing the New York Star.

Ongoing

Cathedral windows cushion  - It's sashed but now I have no zip!   I'm not making a special trip just for one zip, so it'll have to wait until I go that way again.



Supernova - another star completed and more cutting out done.

Tutorial for zippy mouch - I'm making good progress, but everything's halted now waiting for my husband to return from a 2 day trip, so that he can cut out the vinyl  flooring I used as a stiffener.  I really can't be trusted with a sharp knife!  This is how far I've got


Stained QAL - I've finally ordered the sashing!  I've been so indecisive about what to order.  In the end i've gone for the safe bet, Charcoal.  I really would've liked to go with tangerine, but I think it would've been too much.

Finishes

I've finished the Melly and Mee Quilt and taken it off to it's new home, where it was well received.




No progress

Skirt for me - since starting this just ater Christmas, I've lost weight and dropped at lease one dress size.  I know this skirt will not fit me now!.  A nice position to be in, but I will have to take it apart and start again.

Farmers wife
Sherbet pips - girlie quilt.
Small purse


 Stats

Completed projects -2
New Projects - 1
Currently in progress -8

Hop on over to Freshly pieced to see what everyone else is doing.

18 comments:

  1. Ooo I love the quilt! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cathedral windows cushion is to die for, just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cathedral window cushion is gorgeous. I am working up to doing one, have some Liberty fabric that I want to use for the windows, but feeling very wary of cutting into it. Thanks for the inspiration! Love your FPPFTT block too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are enjoying the PP, looks like a productive February to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Cathedral Windows cushion is going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh lots of lovely things in this post. I love the quilt and your cathedral windows cushion.
    I really enjoyed making that block with the foundation paper piecing too. I hope they are all that easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great collection of makes there. I know what you mean about the skirt, I had several I wanted to make, but knew I'd be losing weight, so I've held off for now *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got so much done! Great work missus x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cathedral window quilt is just lovely! And I love the one hanging outside the yellow house. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. O adore Melly and Mee!! Also like that cathedral window piece

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are a finishing machine! i love that cathedral window pillow. it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your cushion and your melly and me quilt is really pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the backing on your quilt - I'm still working on doing pieced backings. Yours is lovely. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your quilt and the backing. I'm also trying to figure out how to back things, particularly smaller quilts where I'd like to use piecing but it can't be too bold. Fun to find you via WiP!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that cathedral windows cushion cover

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay so I just came from seeing the adorable little pouch you made Julie over at Distant Pickles. I wanted to see if you had a tutorial for it and I found the one you have here. I can't wait to see how you make this! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, and I became a follower so I can catch it when you post it!

    ReplyDelete