25 March 2012

22 things you never needed to know about me

Everyone seems to be tagging everyone else at the moment, and I got back from my break in the UK to find I've been tagged twice.  Now I'm not sure if you want to know what my thoughts are on 22 different questions, but here goes

Firstly from Susan, at Canadian Abroad


1. What is your favourite cartoon from childhood?
 Bill and Ben, the flower pot men, although I nearly wet myself worrying about the gardener coming back after his lunhc and finidng them!


2. What is your favourite restaurant in the world and where is it?
Well,I'm not much of an international restaurant goer, but the one that springs to mind is a veggie restaurant in Bath called Demeuths.  I'm not a vegetarian, but the food is "to die for"


3. If you could buy any fabric bundle you wanted right now (someone else was paying) what would it be?
I would like a full set of solids - Kona, or maybe Oakshott


4. What is your favourite quilt made by someone else? (Please include a link or photo if that is possible.) That changes from day to day!


5. I need a day on the beach. Where would you recommend?

We found a lovely cove in Zante - no beach but the bar had set up some beds, with umbrellas, and you could dive or jump straight into the sea.   So quiet - we found it on the last day and didn't want to leave


6. If a sewing retreat could be held in the place of your choice and all your friends would be able to attend where would you have it?
Never been to one before, so I would be rubbish at choosing one.

7. What is the first sign of Spring for you?
A smell in the air.  Can't describe it but you just know winter is finished


8. Do you have a favourite smell?
Ha!  Apart from 7 above!  


9. If you drink wine, what do you prefer - red, white or pink? If you don't drink wine, what is your favourite drink?

A good full bodied, oaked red.  Preferably not Czech.


10. What sewing task do your dread the most?

Cutting out, mainly because I don't have anywhere to do it properly, and I don't have much strength in my hands and the ruler always moves!


11. You are making me a desert - what is it, and will you give me the recipe?
You're asking me?  I can ruin practically everything I touch, but I can make a good bread & butter pudding.

And from Sarah Narcoleptic in a Cupboard
 1  Who did you blame for your last public fart?
The dog  - always
2  What's your favourite TV theme tune and why.
Can I have radio - the Archers tune
3  Tell me, what's on your 15 minute mix tape?
Glen Miller
4  Roller boots or roller blades? Boots - never tried blades
5  If a cushion is a pillow what's a pillow?
A pillow is that the slobber ridden thing you rest your head on every night.  A cushion is the thing that stops you from slipping off the settee
6  Who is your Dr. (who)?
David Tenant
7  If you don the ruby slippers and click your heels etc, where you gonna end up?
Somewhere with comfortable chairs and servants to pander to your every need

8  What fragrance is your fabric softener?  Pass
9  Bananas - young and firm or old and soft?
Young and firm (oh those were the days)
10  Why IS a raven like a writing desk?
Pardon?
11  What was the last thing that totally grossed you out?
Embarassing bodies - A UK TV programme that shows in full technicolour, all sorts of nasty diseases/complaints.  Why do we need to see these things on TV?


I know we're supposed to think of 11 more questions, and pass this on but I think we've all probably had enough of this one.    I was terrribly worried about why people knit socks, but Helen has answered that, so I can go to bed happy tonight!!!


xx

7 comments:

  1. Thanks, Di, I know everyone is being hit by this game of tag. Sorry you got double whammied. Just shows we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That beach sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers :-) So nice to hear someone who isnt veggie rave about a veggie restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate that embarrassing bodies show too! And I agree with you about cushions/pillows.

    Bugger...I totally forgot I'd been tagged. It was on my list of things to get done. Sorry Susan. I'll get on it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Part 2, number 6...who's your Doctor? I don't understand this question. Is it a Euro thing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, I love that Helen has already answered the only thing you ever wondered about ;o)

    ReplyDelete