24 March 2012

Remember me?

Yes, I'm the long ago blogger from the Czech Republic.  It seems ages since I last posted.  I got back from the UK on Tuesday, and woke up with a blinder of a headache on Wednesday which lasted all through Thursday, and finally dissappeared on Friday morning.   I just couldn't focus on the screen to read or write anything,  consequently I've got behind on my blog reading, and only had about half an hour in my sewing room.  The deadline for the first phase of the Stitch tease bee is looming so I have to get some done this weekend, in between all the work that needs to be done in the garden.

Anyway, I had a lovely weekend with my two sisters -in- law in Ashby-de-la-Zouch.  We spent most of our weekend chatting, eating, shopping and relaxing.   Just the things I miss over here!   I don't have anyone who I can just ring up for a shopping trip or a coffee, although I always have Gordon, but that's not the same!  Actually I may have a new friend here, both bloggy and in real life  - more of that later

I was picked up from the airport and whisked straight off to John Lewis Home, a new shop in Tamworth.  Oh my goodness.  It's a good job I don't live in England, I would spend a fortune in this shop.  I did see a nice dresser, a snip at 1500 pounds!   And loads of Cath Kidson, Orla Kiely and other  lovely designery things that you urgently, desperately  need!   And on Thursday evening we went to the local for a couple of glasses of wine and FISH AND CHIPS.   I never ate F & C very often in England, but when you can't get them, they become a craving!

Friday I met up with my brother for a walk around Calke Abbey, a bit of shopping in the National Trust shop and a pub lunch in the pretty village of Ticknall.   You may have noticed by now, there are no photos of these lovely places.  I have no particular excuse, I just forgot.  Too busy talking I guess!

But the photos started on Saturday.  The main reason for my trip was a spa day at Ragdale Hall in Leicestershire. We had a couple of treatments booked, but the rest of the day was free to swim, take in a couple of exercise classes, use the gym (yeah right!)

When you arrive you are greeted with tea or coffee whilst waiting for the nice lady to arrive with your "programme" and bath-robe.




Even the changing rooms are ever so posh


There are lots of places to chill, chat and drink coffee



and the quiet room where they actually provide quilts so that you can snuggle down for a snooze, which I did manage to resist!



I had a wonderful back massage and facial, but I was a bit embarrassed when they asked what my cleansing regine was.  A quick wizz around with soap and water?   Not good enough for "a woman of my age" apparently!

We also signed up for a overnight stay, and look at the cute room we got


Previous occupants included the three bears!   We had three beds, three chairs, three cups and saucers, three towels, in fact three of everything.

Here we are in the dining room - the three witches!   The food was beautiful, although it being a health spa, there was a noticeable lack of cream and chocolate!


I've got some great pictures of us at bed-time, and breakfast, but modesty forbids me to make them public!

However, here's breakfast, delivered to the room!




And before we left on Sunday morning, I just had time for a jigsaw puzzle!



If anyone is looking for a spa day as a treat, this place is fab.  A bit pricey, but for a special treat, it can't be faulted.  Nothing was too much trouble for them.  And all the extras (coffee, drinks, a couple of little shops) are not at rip off prices like so many of these placeswhere you are a captive audience.

The rest of the weekend flew by.  We made a trip to the cemetry to wish happy mothers day to Gordon's mum, a visit to Gordon's great niece, a bit more shopping, and a trip to Tesco's.  Yes, for me a trip to good old Tesco's is a treat!  We also made it to a fabric warehouse.  The patchwork fabric was not great, but I bought some lovely decor-weight fabric - one with wellies and watering cans, and the other with beach huts.   Should make nice bags or cushions.

Well I think that's about it for the weekend away.   I had a lovely time, but of course, it great to be back home!

13 comments:

  1. so glad you are feeling better, looks like you had a wonderful time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an absolute ball. I did a spa morning recently and it was wonderful so I can imagine what a sleep over spa would be like. You all look gorgeous post treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had a lovely vacation but too bad about the homecoming headache!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased you had such a great time, and that the headache is gone too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just surmised a perfect girls trip for me. So glad you had fun and came home refreshed minus the headache.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds pretty much like the perfect weekend. I'm glad you had a lovely time, sorry to hear about your headache on your return. You all look like you are glowing after those wonderful treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a good time! Place looks lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to laugh...finally someone who clearly 'gets' my fish and chips craving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had the best time! Fun and relaxing! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  10. your breakfast looks amazing! what a fun weekend away with friends.. i am sure you are already looking forward to the next!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that place looks swish... and you look like you were having a ball! Glad you enjoyed your getaway :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a fab trip home, oh, and I have that birdhouse and wellies fabric too!

    ReplyDelete