09 April 2012

FPPFTT - a round up

I had quite a busy Easter in the sewing room - it was too cold to do much outside until today.  I was determined try and catch up with FPPFTT with Katy at the Littlest Thistle. 

This was my week one courthouse steps about a month ago


Week 2 introduced angles


I'll grant you this looks OK, but I was being a bit stingy with the fabric and there are some very thin seams and the dotty fabric has some selvedges too!

Week 3 introduced us to stringy things


I was messing about with colours here too, and I just love this - I may have to make 3 more to do a cushion cover

And finally (so far) week 4.  This is absolutely my favourite block, and I can't believe that I have made it!

Tah dah!


I had no trouble at all with the paper piecing, but trying to sew the 4 blocks together was a nightmare.  All those lovely points went to the dogs!  

So just weeks 5 and 6 to go, and Katy will let us have a go at a New York Beauty.  Yippeeeee!


Just got to think of something to do with them now!

12 comments:

  1. You did great with Katy's blocks! Wait until you've done the rocket and figure out what you want to do with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I still have the rocket to do too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Di, you have been busy! Your FPP is looking fab and well done on the circle of geese!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, you did great so far! Good luck with the last two :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great work! you will be a paper piecing master once she is done with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are beautiful, clearly you have mastered the paper piecing! I love the second block, I want to make some of those for a quilt or a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like Katy is a good teacher and you are a wonderful student.

    ReplyDelete
  8. blocks lok great, the circle of flying geese is one of my favorites xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the blocks. Great fabric picks for the flying geese.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love String blocks but you;re right ...those angle set flying geese look fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Di, something weird is happening with your blog for me. It shows up in my Reader but when I click on a post so that I can comment it disappears. That was irritating as I like to comment, and then I got your post about the Victoria sponge to appear but it wouldn't show any other posts at all first, and then skipped back several days. Has anyone else said that things were going wrong or is it just me?

    ReplyDelete