28 April 2012

Please Mr Postman

Could you deliver this name tag to my secret partner ready for the Fat Quarterly Retreat in June


I started off with the idea of a luggage label, but there was very little opportunity for embelishment.   But it did give me the idea of making a letter to my partner - complete with frank and postage stamp.   

I am rather challenged these days in the eysight department, and this is quite small so whilst it's not perfect, it's the best I can manage!  You can't see the name, for obvious reasons, but I FMQ's it and it's come out really well. 

I had several collie-wobbles about it over the last few weeks and nearly ditched it for something else.  But I was persuaded to keep it, and in the end, I'm rather pleased with it.  The embroidery is a bit wobbly, and I didn't leave enough border around the edge, but I hope my partner will like it.  

Here's a close up


I just couldn't manage to stitch around the queens head!

It attaches using a magnet so no pins to spoil anyone's clothes.  In a previous life I had to wear a name badge, which for some reason (not sentimental I can assure you) I kept when I left the job.   I knew it would come in useful one day.  

So it's off in the post on Monday to my secret partner.  I look forward to meeting you in person, very soon!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Diannne! Fantastic idea and you have made it beautifully! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, and I'm sure your partner will too, its very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab idea and beautifully made, I am sure your partner is going to love it (is it coming to me?) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee, fun idea! Love the queen's head

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun name badge and a great momento for your partner of the FQ retreat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Wish it was going to be mine. It is unique and fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's just great Di!! I hope you're sending it to me!!! I send off my name badge a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything....hope it isn't lost in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is a brilliant idea - I love it - I can't wait to play tag-spot at Retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute Di - the Queen`s head is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it, I wish I was going so then there would be a possibility it would be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is brilliant!! The stitching looks great and I love the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! That stamp is just the cutest. Im sure your swap partner will love it.

    ReplyDelete