09 April 2012

Q2 Finish along

It's time to be strong and tell the world what I'm going to finish this quarter in Rhonda's Finish-A-Long.  AFter a poor show last quarter (only 1 finish)  I'm resolved to do better this quarter.

Firstly a roll over from last quarter




This is so close to being finish I don't understand what stopped me.  It just needs a back, with zip, which I have, and some binding.  Maybe if I bought the filler, it will encourage me to finish it


The there's Sarah's stained Quilt-a-long.


Every time I get this out, I open a bag, try to match it to the pictures, then having failed, I put it away again!  I've got some charcoal for the sashing, which I'm not 100% happy with.  I can't help wishing I'd chosen orange, but I'm afraid it would look to garish.   But I've got to stop dithering.  Either go for the orange or use the charcoal

And finally, the Supernova quilt.



I'm close to finishing this, but I made a bad block (No 6) and it's totally stopped me in my tracks.  I need to undo that one, and get back on my bike!

Well there you go Rhonda.  What will I manage this quarter?


12 comments:

  1. in your defence you had a busy time last month... and a fair bit of travelling... AND some alcohol poisoning to recover from lol xx Good luck for this time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the Supernova is going to be wonderful and I think your Stained will be gorgeous too - chop chop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your list!

    BTW, I have one of Sarah's mosaic planners with all the fabric locations marked on it if you'd like me to scan it in for you and send it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look do-able and all lovely. You really do need to finish them so we can ooh and ahh over them. What's wrong with the charcoal?

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these projects are going to make gorgeous finishes which should be incentive enough. Plus the cushion is a quick finish if you can wrap your mind around doing it. I am much better at doing 'other stuff' rather than what I should so I am one to talk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cushion will be stunning, I hope you finish it right away! And the other two quilts will be wonderful. I will have my stained quilt on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really really want your supernova... And as for the stained... you can do it!! mail me for encouragement when ever you need!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH !!!! I think orange would be SUPERB!!!! Please use orange!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really love your supernova.. i am going to pull out my stash and do something with it soon! i love your list and you will be much more productive this round...as will i! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love that supernova block. It's going to make a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dianne! You have lots of going on! I love your new blocks and the pillow is going to be fantastic! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  12. Am like Susan! But if I don't think about it and just get going it works! Get that cushion finished girl ! And the Supernova looks awesome! Cannot really tell about the stained as all I'm seeing is plastic ...

    ReplyDelete