25 April 2012

The Sock Challenge Part 2 - the sock that turned

I know you've all been waiting with baited breath to see how the heel went so here it is. 

Tah-dah



There it is in all it's glory.   It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be - it's rather like shaping the nose on the scarey teddy comforter I made last year.


It was just a case of following the instructions, and fortunately, I came out with the right number of stitches at the end of it.  I think it turned out rather well, and I have a very slight warm glow of achievement!

There's not a lot you can do photography- wise with a half sock, so I just zoomed in on it


and again


so all you heel-turning experts can examine it close up.   And now I continue toe-wards when the next exciting episode will document the toe shaping and closing!

9 comments:

  1. The question is - are you hooked on making socks now? I would go mad but you look like you are doing a terrific job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Di, and they look fabulous so far too, love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! But WTF is that thing in the 2nd pic? Is it designed to give babies nightmares?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you!!! Not that I thought for a moment that you wouldn't do it, but I'm so pleased that it worked and looked great and that you got that lovely 'am I clever or what?' feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm holding my breath with excitement waiting for the toe to be revealed! (she says with mock laughter) congrats. Now I need to get back to my darned sweater that is taking me forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a brilliant job . That looks exactly like a heel could fit in there without getting all deformed and scrunched up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blogger ate my comment. grrr.
    Laughing at Katy's comment.
    I couldn't think of knitting anything worse than knitting socks, I'm not sure whether you are mad or courageous.

    ReplyDelete