23 April 2012

Stitch Tease - Month 2

My first block for the Strip Tease Bee was for myself, but now I have to make my first block (or strip actually) for someone else!   The first month it's for Hadley and she wanted a strip of varying sized rectangles or squares in mostly Teal, Aqua, Orange, Green, Blue and Grey with no repeats if possible.   This did stretch my stash to the limits, and I had ordered a few fat quarters in with this in mind, but I managed it - to Hadley's tastes I hope.

Now as this is a mystery bee, Hadley hasn't got to see what I've done until right at the end when she gets the sewn together quilt top.   So taking photos that won't give too much away has been a bigger challenge than making it!

So here goes - Hadley, squint or stick your fingers in your ears and "laa laa" or something!






It's OK to show the Scallop fabric as this is my "signature" fabric and will go in everybodies block.


And now for the (not very) arty shot


So it's all ready to go to the person who will eventually piece the quilt top.  I just need to check who that it, and what else has to go with it.   And of course, what I have to do next month!


14 comments:

  1. Now we get to the tease part of our bee. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like your sneeky peeks - I`m still waiting for my solids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! So much more fun than showing the whole thing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's not fair for the rest of us though, pffft. The bits look good though. I really like your "signature" fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be me. And I take bribes in many forms. Oh, wait, that wasn't the 'other things' you were talking about? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're ahead of me Di! I'm sitting looking at a big pile of fabric ready to make YOUR BLOCK....and having to concentrate on translating 50 pages of Chinese art instead of sewing like I really want to...I', hoping that I'll get to it by the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have Susan's block to make. It looks like you have got the Tease down perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic, I see Denyse Schmidt, I am happy!!
    Katy, on the other hand will have to wait - still in pondering mode on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving your prints! I still have to make my next block, but I've been pondering it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that scallop fabric so much! i can't wait to see all of these quilts put together! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dianne! What ever that is going to be, it'll be so beautiful because I love those fabrics!
    Wishes from Finland! x Teje

    ReplyDelete