29 April 2012

Super slow Supernova

I've had the whole day to myself, as Gordon has been in Prague on a cricket coaching course.  I'ta  bit bizarre, but the English Cricket Board has given out grants to promote cricket amongst Czech schools.  Gordon had to give up his cricket coaching when we moved from the UK, but hopefully, he has found a niche over here.  If we lived in Prague, he could play cricket every week, but we're about 3 hours away, so it's just that bit too far!

Anyway, I started the day by playing with some ideas for the swap at the Fat Quarter Retreat (another day, another post), then I moved on to an old friend, the Supernove quilt.  I really want to get this one out of the way now, it's been hanging around far too long.  I now have 7 out of 9 blocks, and just need to make my mind up what colours to do for the final 2 blocks.  I find it does help to take photos and look at them together

Grey top centre, orange top right

Grey top centre, pink top right



Orange top centre,  pink middle right




Those are the choices.    What do you think?

17 comments:

  1. Cricket in the Czech Republic, now I've heard it all :oD

    I like option #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with option one too! And I never got cricket at all - must be the Canadian in me. But then I never understood North American football so maybe it is just the woman in me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Option 1 for me! My dad was a cricketer but I don`t get it. Too slow for me - not enough action. Hope your husband is able to find a way to play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like option 3 with the gray in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like option 3 because then you are adding both another pink and orange to the quilt. But all three options are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of them look great but I'm for #1 - I like the idea of the brown, contrasting pieces in the pink block for the centre of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Number one looks cool, but I'm swinging round to number three more to be honest. It involves doin two more brightly coloured blocks, I think that might be why I'm thinking about it more. Love it though, are you sure it doesnt want to come to a wee remote scottish island?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the gray in the center, with color all around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these blocks and the fabric you are using

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with Hadley but that might just be because I love orange! number one works well because of the darker colours in the pink block. It's going to be gorgeous whatever you chose :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Option One for me! I totally get the cricket thing - loved playing when I was younger - and when I was working in the UK carried on playing wicket keeper for my office men's team! Wish my kids could learn, but there aren't a lot of possibilities here and they are as baffled by it as my husband is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like option 1too. I can almost sit through a one day game of cricket, almost! A test match, no way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Quite frankly I love them all and if they can't make their way to Shetland they are welcome in W Sussex!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you won the liebster blog award but when i sent you a e-mail it came back

    ReplyDelete