11 April 2012

Things I forgot to say......

I've just passed 50 followers.  Yay!  Thanks you each and every one of you!   I'm celebrating by giving my blog a bit of a facelift, but it's harder than I thought and I've not finished yet!

I made a cake the other day.  Not my forte, but I can usually make a decent Victoria sponge.  Erm, not this time.   We don't have self-raising flour here.  We have to add one of these little packets of what is I guess, baking powder.


So when I tidied up, having just put the cakes in the oven, this little baby should've been inside the cake, not still on the work surface.  OOps.  And the result


The worlds flattest victoria sponge (biscuit).  We still ate it though!

Remember this from last autumn.  Well it won't look like this again this autumn as the mad axeman has been along clearing out the hedges and cutting back the trees.


 It need doing but even so......but I did rescue these in my search for pea sticks





That's all - just a few things to tell you before I forgot them all together.  Back to my sewing now!


12 comments:

  1. Happy half century. You could have played frisbee with that 'sponge' you know... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like the kind of cake I make...on the few and far between occasions I try1! M&S cakes are ALWAYS light and fluffy lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it still tasted good! Congrats on the 50 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done - and I'm sure your follower numbers will grow and grow!
    Oh and it is baking powder - I get the exact same one, just written in German!
    I always figure with cakes that if you put good things in then whatever it looks like it has to taste good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ach so long as the sponge still tasted like a sponge who cares if it looks like a pancake.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, meant to say Congratulations on the fifty! And I like the new look too :-)

      Delete
  6. congratulations on 50 followers. I am really liking the new facelift too. The cake...hmm, maybe cooking lessons in July?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your half century in followers! We don`t have SR flour here either. Why is that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay 50 followers!

    You need a box of cake mix. Just add a couple eggs and water and you're finished! So good. So cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the first 50!
    I bet that cake still tasted great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the followers milestone Dianne. Thats fantastic !

    Sponge biscuit is my favourite kind of cake. Its so heartening to know someone else also makes serious baking faux pas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on all the followers and I hope you made some more cake!

    ReplyDelete