24 April 2012

Winter Stitching list - final head-count

 


Winter is offically over now, so here's my review of my activities this winter.    It's a long list so I hope you are comfortable!

  1. Finish the Table Runner for the Modern Christmas Table Runner swap, plus a little Christmas decoration 
          Done - pleased with the finished item and even more pleased with the one I received !


  

2.   Finish Sherbet Pips quilt - boys version for my friend's daughter 
      Done - baby arrived a month early but managed to finish it by the original due date


3.   Make a girlie Sherbet Pips in anticipation of two babies due next year - Yes, but made for a friend in Prague. 






 But I  h made this instead for the baby which was born in February





 My nephews baby is due next Tuesday and this is their quilt so far



I made this from the fabric I bought for the recently deceased Farmer's Wife quilt.  A much better use don't you think?


4.   Make a "Pay it Forward" gift for my partner - I  Done


5.   Make a Supernova Quilt for a friend, using Hope Valley.
Mmm well, this is moving slowly, but I have made 6 out of the 9 stars and it's looking lovely




6.  Finish a cardigan for myself.  This is a long term, sitting in front of the telly, winter project.  No progress and I don't like it much now either!


7.    Crochet a romper suit for my friends daughter - a holiday project.  Started it , and ran out of wool.  I couldn't get any more so I had frog it to change it to a stripey jumper, which I only have to sew together but as Ruaori is now 6 months old it won't fit him!

8.    Knit or crochet a couple of hats for another friends daughter who apparently has a big head!   Also a holiday project.  Nope

9.    Make some new cushion covers for the lounge, including a cathedral windows cushion .  Done.  Hoorah, and I won a prize in Rhonda's  FAL


10.  Make a bag - tote sized - Nope

11.  Make something with a zip - Done.  My partner loved it and I have half written a tutorial





12.  Make a tunic top using the Shearwater  pattern from "Make it Perfect" Nope, but I have part made a skirt which I forgot to write on the list in the first place.  But then I've lost weight and it's too big, so I won't ever finish it!

13.  Make some small things to improve my basic sewing skills - bags, baskets, a dog lead. etc etc.I made a pillow and a scarf for my friends for Christmas, and a bag for a friend for her birthday.  And I've been practicing paper pieceing

14.  Make a quilt for our bed - maybe, just maybe, join in a bee to accomplish this.  - Yes - I joined the Stitch Tease Mystery Bee.  Here is my first block



15.  Quilt or crochet a blanket for a friend in Oz who is due to have her baby in April. - The baby is born!  The Stained quilt has been cut out, but I can't make my mind up about the sashing.  The other option was the crocheted African flowers, which is making progress but not finished either!



16.  Keep practicing my FMQ, doing my weekly homework with Cindy at Fluffy Sheep Quilting
I did carry this on until it finished in December, but not since
17.  Learn a little more about Blogger and update my blog with a new look.  Well I have given my blog a bit of a face-lift but I'm stuck now and can't finish it how I want to.  I keep reading a bit more here and there and will get it finished one day!

Other things, not on the original list. 

  • I have killed off the Farmers wife
  • I made a pot holder as a giveaway for my blogiversary
  • I have taken up sock knitting
Not a bad winter really.  Hop over to Fairy Face designs to see how everyone else is doing

14 comments:

  1. Everything looks great. (Just a note, it's Fairy Face, not Fluffy Sheep ;0 )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It amazes me every time I read someone's list. Fabulous amount of stuff you got done and some truly beautiful quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done you.....quite am impressive list.some really fab creations and very impressed you used a ZIP!....havent the courage yet x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant results!
    So funny on the knitting and crochet front though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, well done! A bit disturbed by how happy you are about the farmer's wife-icide though... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Should you be publicly announcing that you murdered the Farmers Wife? I can understand why, she would hacve suffered a prolonged and painful death in my hands.
    I was the very lucky recipient of the pot holder, thank you. I found an embroidery I started for my girlfriends daughter when she was born. It was her name and I had only finished the first three letters. She's 25 now, so I dont think I need bother trying to finish it. At least your crochet and knitting aren't personalized so you can always finish it for another baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work missus, clearly you are being called to fabric.... agree with Hads, I was having a right chuckle at the doomed fate of most things yarny! lol Brilliant progress though, hurry up with that tute ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am with you on the dead farmers wife! she is out off of my list too! it feels good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done amazingly! Love that African flower crochet - so bright!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your projects but the supernova block and the granny squares are my favorites for sure. And that cute quilt for the February baby...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous projects and fabulous finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have lots of lovely projects there. I love your crochet flowers, they are exactly the sort of thing I want to do myself! Thanks for linking up :-)

    ReplyDelete