07 May 2012

Not a good day

For a few days now, I have had this feeling of foreboding about a friends baby born not so long ago.  I am addding up lots of little signs and I hope I am just being stupid, but the feeling has weighed me down all day, and I just can't throw it off.  It has carried over into my sewing

I basted the Pheonix quilt for my nephews little girl on Saturday, and late last night I realised that on one corner the front over-lapped the back by quite a way.  SO I had to unpin everything and do it again this morning.




I was determined that I was going to do something other than straight line quilting or stippling this time.   Be adventurous!   I had it in my mind to do scallop pattern, but it was rubbish.  If you can't keep the curve and stitch length even, it really does look dreadful.  So I went on to Plan B, a daisy chain stitch.  I'm happier with the sewing, but I don't think the pattern is the right choice for the quilt.   It doesn't  shows up very well on the busy pattern.



On the white and yellow of the borders, it's perfect


But it's 3/4 done, and I'm just going to live with it.  It's not wrong, just not quite right!  Maybe if I can shake of this gloomy mood, it will look better.

Thankfully the Thai red curry I cooked for tea (a result of my cookery course the other week) was perfect, even without some of the authentic ingredients (galangal? lime leaves?  No chance)


Di
xx



   

15 comments:

  1. Oh Di. Hope your gloomy mood comes to nothing and all is well. Love your daisy FMQ! It does show up better on the yellow and white, but it looks so fab why not have it all over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, hope the gloom lifts soon. I had a rather curse filled bank holiday - my first siblings together quilt I screwed up machine binding the 2nd part, and took HOURS to unpick it all, then tack it down by hand and properly resew it. For quilt #2, I ran out of binding on the 4th side. On my retro flowers I was 2" shy of having enough backing after Parcel Force didn't deliver the new batch by Saturday as expected. I may have uttered a rather large number of swear words...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope your bad thoughts come to nothing......maybe a nights sleep will help. a new day often does for me.....well done on the fmq....havent attempted that yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dianne! I hope your foreboding doesn't meen anything bad! Your quilt is beautiful and that daisy quilting is really nice! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the gloom dispels and that it comes to nothing. I think your stitching is brilliant though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everything is Ok with the baby. Email me if you want to offload or talk it through. Sometimes it helps to do that.

    Nobody will know except you that the quilting pattern isn’t quite right. Besides I think it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt looks sweet - I hope you get to clear your head soon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope everything's ok. The quilt looks adorable and the quilting looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilting is good, when the little girl look closely she will see that you took the time to hide a whole bunch of flowers just for her in all the colour. A special gift, I think. And I so hope that all your concern might have sent some positive healing energy out and things might look up. That feeling of gloom is often hard to shake, I am thinking of you and that baby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you feel better, but if it's any consolation, I like your FMQ job so far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the quilt! Hope your gloom lifts quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the way this has turned out Di - and the quilting is just perfect!!! Fingers crossed that your worries come to nothing. Thinking of you, Hxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like your quilting on it. Yes, fingers crossed that your concerns are not founded.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hugs dear friend! i love your quilting! It looks great! hope your funk lifts soon!

    ReplyDelete