12 June 2012

EPP

I think i might have mentioned that, at the thing that happened last weekend that I'm trying not to mention again, I took the English paper piecing class with Tacha Brauer.  I wouldn't have thought I'd got the pacience for it, but I really loved it.   It was so relaxing, both from the point of view of the stitching, but also being able to chat whilst doing it, and breaking off to look at someone else's work, without losing concentration.  

I chose to do the snowball, only because I couldn't face cutting all the 200 or so bits for either of the other two patterns!  I also thought I could then do more, to eventually build up to a full quilt.  

So here's snowball number one


I'm rather proud of that!   The big question is should I carry on with this or have a go at the rose star pattern?

Di
xx

18 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Keep going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carry on with this. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely.
    I also made this Snowball block and ended up falling in love with EPPing too!
    I don't know how to finish mind off either.
    What would you do to carry on?
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful, keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was supposed to do the snowball too... will blog mine soon! Love yours, keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely - and go for it on the rose star!!! Remember - you can do anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Di! Your snowball looks gorgeous! I still have to finish my EPP Project so I'm a bit nervous about that :o)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, very good! I went for the square dance one, so I may be some time lol All the bits are cut at least, so I 'just' have to stitch them...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Keep going...it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is wonderful, I hope you do some more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that great.....do the rose one so i can see that too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. carry carry carry on! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Dianne! I want to join that class with you! That snowball is amazing! But Chech (can't even write it) lesson, please no! Enough that I have learnt Greek! I guess it's as 'bad' as '....'.
    Your new blocks are so beautiful - those stained glass! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  14. it looks fantastic. I have just finished Katys ferris wheel and can't decide whether to start on this one or the rose star either - what have you decided to go for? Both are such lovely patterns

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to learn to EPP! I love the way it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love your snowball! I'd do some more for sure!

    ReplyDelete