27 June 2012

Gullible or what.....?

I have somewhat of a reputation in our household for being gullible.   The latest sting was perpertrated by my dear husband abley assisted by our 2nd in command (2IC) at work. 

Our new factory is fitted with lots of gadgets and gismoes that we didn't have at the old factory - a snazzy intruder alarm, intruder lights, a speaker system, roller shutter doors, self opening doors.  This may be standard for some people, but to us, it's the bees knees.  So when my husband said the other night that we had some fantastic new voice activated technology, I wanted to know what it was.   But I had to wait till we were at work.

My husband knows when to pick his moment.  If I have time to think, I'm usually suspicious, but catch me when I'm in a hurry with a million things going through my head, and I'm a walkover.  So as 2IC and I go out thisafternoon to sort out our change of address with the local council offices, he calls us over for a demo of the new  voice activated technology.

We have 2 roller shutter doors into the warehouse.  Outside each is a light with a motion sensor on it.  "You see the little dome beneath the light?  Well that's a microphone and if you say "Open" and the security code for the intruder alarm, the roller shutter door will open.  And low and behold, it did.  And if you say "close" plus the number it will close.  And guess what it did.    Well, you can imagine, I was seriously impressed with this.  I made him do it again, and happily went of to the council office with 2IC, who also seemed suitably impressed. 

Fast forward to this evening, as we were prepping dinner, and my husband showed me a small zapper.  "What's that?" I ask.  "It's the zapper for the roller shutter doors"  comes the reply.

Pregnant pause.... If you listen carefully, you can hear the penny dropping.

"You are going to die.  And we'll be needing a new production manager, because he's going to die too!"

It's not hard to see why I have such a reputation!


11 comments:

  1. LOL! My hubby gets me all the time too. I am extremely gullible as well. It never occurs to me that maybe someone is pulling my leg, since I can never think up good pranks like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Class! Must get hubster accustomed to taking a photo of your face when he pulls stunts like that, you know, share the joy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH! You have to get him back for that!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ace! I'd have fallen for it hook, line and sinker too. If that makes you feel any better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you so should not have admitted that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get busted like this all the time. I prefer to think of myself as trusting NOT gullible !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd have slipped a little arsenic into his dinner ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful play by your guy. You just need to figure out what to do back, although I think you best ignore Katy and the arsenic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant! I'm just as gullible as you and even my neighbours take the Mickey out of me constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wait and choose the right time ...
    It was fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehehehehe...he got you! There's something delightfully innocent about you my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete