Since getting back from London I have been able to clear the decks (took a while, but I got there) and get on with some of my older projects. Firstly I finished the star blocks for the Supernova quilt for my friend
A while ago, when I only had 7 blocks, I asked which colours I should use for the last two. Much as I wanted to make another pink one, I had to agree with the majority and made another grey and orange. The result is stunning I think. I cannot progress any further now, as I need more info from the recipient - does she want it draping over the edge, over the pillows (I may have to do another row of blocks in which case I ge to make another pink one!)
So last night I dragged out the stained quilt. I had ordered charcoal for the sashing but was underwhelmed by it, so I called in a FQ of orange, which I was sure would be the one, and a soft green, just in case. Here they are laid out
|Nope, not enough contrast|
|Ooh er, too much contrast. It overpowers the fabrics. And I so wanted this to be the one!|
|Reluctantly I have to admit that this works the best. It puts the fabrics centre stage. I can spark it up with the binding|
So that's what I'll be doing today. Also, when Gordon gets back with the dogs, we are going to give the kitchen a long over due clean. Well, it does have to be done every now and then! And besidesit's pouring with rain, so I'm not going to get on the garden.
Have a nice Sunday