06 July 2012

Di and Di

Well over 18months ago, I came across another Di writing on randomthoughtsdoordi.  I enjoyed the way she writes and her mix of family, travel, sewing, gardening, and we seemed to hit it off together.  Late last year she invited me to join in with her Stitch Tease Bee, and yesterday we got to meet!

Di is over in Europe, combining sightseeing with catching up with friends and meeting up with long lost members of her family, ending up in Vienna, which is only an hour away from me.  The plans for meeting up changed several times along the way, but finally we agreed to meet at a beer garden at 4pm.  We decided in the end to drive rather than take the train, which turned out not to be a good decision.   What should have been an hours journey turned into nearer 2.  The traffic was awful, and half of Vienna is covered in road works.  But after a bit of a stressful journey we made it! 

Di was there with her husband, Mr Romance and her friends that she had been staying with in Austria with.  Di and I got on like a house on fire, and fortunately Mr Romance and Mr Quiltova got on very well too, because they didn't get a word in edgeways with Di and I.   They have already organised a tour of all the London pubs next summer when Di comes over for the FQ Retreat!

It was a very hot day, 36 deg c, but as we were sitting outside in the shade, it felt a lot cooler than that.  But then the skies darkened and we had to move inside to avoid the storm, where the temperature was well over 36 degrees!   The photos we took showed two slighlty boiled Di's, glowing somewhat (ladies don't sweat, they glow)

I'm the rather red looking one on the right who forgot to remove her glasses! 
I was lucky enough to receive that lovely bag from Di - she really is the queen of frame purses!

We left them in the early evening to get off to their hotel and prepare for the long journey home today.   It was great to hear about their travels, but I know they are looking forward to getting back home. 

 And I look forward to seeing you again next year at the FQ Retreat.  Thanks for a lovely afternoon.







15 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful time. Brilliant that at least one of us on this side of the Atlantic has met her now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Susan`s comment - can`t wait to meet both my queen bees next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely getting a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like loads of fun (other than the par-boiling perhaps!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meeting blog friends for the first time is always a bit like going on a date. I'm so glad yours was awesome.

    I think you both look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her! I'm spoiled because I get to see her whenever she's in town visiting her family, which is more often than she's in your area, I'm guessing. :) Glad you ladies had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I bet you had a lovely time - I'm very envious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay for meeting friends! it warms my heart! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to get to meet up! And in Vienna too: I have only been once, for a day, and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great place to meet - but not on the Ferris Wheel in Prater Park then? No somewhere much more civilised and no zither music either! I love meeting on line friends though I tell the kids not to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am just getting caught up on all the blogs since returning home. Somehow I missed this one. We loved meeting you and Mr Quiltova and can hardly wait until next year, in London.

    ReplyDelete