05 July 2012

FAL Quarter 2 finishes

Hi there everyone.  It's a long time since I've posted anything, and even longer that I have posted about anything sewing related, so it's good to be back!

I'm posting a link today with the 2012 Finish-along over at Rhonda's place.  In my original post back in April, I wanted to finish 3 things.  I thought this was achievable, but sadly only made one finish.




I am very happy with my cathedral windows cushion.  I loved making it, if you don't count all the ironing, and but because of the ironing, I don't think I'll be doing another one!

The two other projects that I haven't finished are moving along well.   The stained quilt top is almost pieced.  I just have another couple of bits of sashing to sew together, but my machine didn't like the charcoal thread I bought, even though I use the white one all the time.   And I already have the binding, the backing and the batting, which is unusual, because I usually don't buy this until I've made the top, thereby holding myself up even further

I had finished the 9 blocks for my Supernova quilt and there was a vague hope that I'd get this finished, but then made the mistake of asking my friend if she would like another three blocks so that the quilt would reach over the pillow cases.  Guess what the answer was - so now I have to make 3 more!.

Well that's for the Quarter 3 post.   Wish me luck in the prize draw.  Last quarter I was lucky enough to win a $10 voucher for the Zippit shop and chose these lovely zipper pulls. I've nearly used them all up.


So this afternoon, I'm off to Vienna to meet up with my bloggy friend Di and her husband, coming to the end of their grand tour of europe.   I'm very excited about meeting her and will try to remember to take the camera to take some photos!

9 comments:

  1. Oh I still love that cushion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours in your cushion Dianne and the zipper pulls you got with your winnings are great. Enjoy your time with Di from Random Thoughts (I follow her blog as well)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a good finish tho.
    Snap on the zip pulls, I also won a Zipit voucher last month and chose some of these, lovely aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that pillow, it is a wonderful finish. And how wonderful that you get to meet Di in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cushion, and have a fab time with Di :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cusionm and I saw Di's pics on Twitter - International strippers together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cushion :-) Good luck with the draw this time too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cushion is on my to do list . I think you did a brilliant job. LOVE those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You get to meet Di? She's so great! You'll have a great time with her!

    ReplyDelete