17 July 2012

Missin' y'already!l

Just got back from taking my sewing buddie to the airport.  We've had a fantastic few days together, and although the weather has been pretty naff, this means we have had plenty of sewing time. 

And Bridget's first quilt, now named "Whizz Bang", is almost finished




She's already talking about filling a cupboard in the study with fabric and putting a sewing table in the bay window.   I think we have a convert!

So now my sewing room is empty and I'm very lonely! 

12 comments:

  1. We need sewing buddies that live closer, we do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo to sewing buddies that live a long way away and have to go home. Great that she is converted though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you have worked your magic on another innocent bystander!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more we convert the fewer of us there'll be that are out in the middle of nowhere, local sewing buddyless! Sorry I wasnt more help with the binding today :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, so unfair when your playmates leave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the back of that quilt. It's perfect!

    You can always Skype your latest convert. I facetime sew with Marg all the time !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great time. She is a natural and has had a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bummer that Bridget had to leave, but now you have another convert, and yes face time or Skype sewing is almost as good as the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure she'll be back!!! Job well done my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sister is very handy. Do you admit some members to your Moravian Modern Quilt Guild? I admit in it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wish we lived closer, we could cause some serious damage together. Miss you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That became so beautiful quilt! I love also the back and the 'Duck' label is really cute! Your furry friend seemed to saw something interesting! x Teje

    ReplyDelete