27 August 2012

Coooeeeee!

I'm back.  - just 30 minutes ago.  We've just had a lovely week back in the UK visiting family and friends, and attending the wedding of our friends daughter.  The weather wasn't too bad for the wedding, despite dire weather forecasts, but it seems to have been quite hot here, as most of my plants are dead!

I managed to have a fitting for my supernova quilt, and have decided how to finish it.  Here's a photo of it in it's future home



I'm so glad I waited to see it in situ.  Originally the quilt was supposed to go over the pillows, but turned sideways, against an all white quilt, it looks stunning.  SO this should be a quick finish now.  Once I've finished th washing, ironing, taming the garden, freezing the tommies etc etc..

I've now got an appointment with  a cheddar cheese sandwich and a pork pie!  Will catch up with e-mails and blogs tomorrow or Wednesday.    More photos to follow

Di
xx

9 comments:

  1. Hope the Tomatos havent taken over.... Have you seen attack of the killer tomatoes?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home. The quilt looks stunning on the bed. Makes me want to make one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt will look so stunning - I am very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love - im saving my chicopee and hope valley to copy cat you! :)
    cant wait to see it done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Supernova looks like it belongs there. Glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. talk to me about freezing tomatoes. i have a plethora and am a little nervous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home, it looks fab in situ, at home already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks fabulous. That's another idea for my list of things I want to make. Hope the eleventy hundred tomato plants are still alive, that would be a shame if you lost any, snort!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! I envy you your pork pie!!

    ReplyDelete