01 August 2012

Fresh Sewing Day


July was a busy month with visitors and keeping control of the garden, and everything it's producing, but even so I made some good progress during the month



I managed to finish the Terraced Garden top (a quilt formerly know as stained).  I'm now stalled again for a little while due to lack of supplies.  I also managed a block for my Stitch Tease buddy Katy, although I can't show more than a blurred photo to keep it a sectret.   I had a fantastic weekend sewing with my SIL and we managed to get a quilt made as far as the quilting stage.  .......to be continued at the end of August when she comes again.   And then I also finished the blocks for the supernova quilt which looks fantastic, but I need to see it on the bed it is made for before working out how to finish it.

 I met my on-line friend Di, randomthoughtsdoordi, in Vienna and of course we exchanged purses we had made for each other.  Following on from the Fat Quarterly retreat, Helen, runquiltknitwrite, and I have started a new bee.  Blogged  here.   I have been plugging away at the snowball blocks.  I have 3 but one I really don't like very much!.

And finally, the garden has started to produce it bounty, so I am pickling, roasting, stewing and freezing like a mad woman!

I think this has probably been one of my most productive months ever, sewing wise, so I thought I'd link it up with Fresh sewing Day at Lily's quilts.

Di
xx


19 comments:

  1. Some great makes. Love those purses and the quilt tops

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done so much lovely work! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovlies there. Especially love your stained

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I think you can tick that off as a successful month...didn't you also move a factory?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a bad wee month there ;o) Well done on all the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your supernova is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moving house and factory in the sweltering heat AND this was your best sewing month (production-wise).
    Good thing you haveapool now, to cool down!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE your supernova, i'm pretty sure i need to copycat it with some hopevalley and chicopee... it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOTS going on here ! I love Terraced Garden. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of lovely projects. So glad that you had a bloggy meet up! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have had a wonderful month. Of course, one of the highlights of my month was meeting you and I didn't include it in my post! Please know, I am so happy to have met you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of beautiful projects. I especially admire your terrace garden quilt - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely projects :-)Lovely colours in your terraced garden top :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have done a lot of sewing, I love your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilt top and how neat that you got to meet your friend!

    ReplyDelete