20 August 2012

Get that quilt finished...........

Quick!  This baby is on his/her way!

That was the cry that came from my SIL.  Her friend's waters broke last week and this baby is on it's way 5 weeks early!  

So, this early this morning, before it got too hot, Gordon went out with the dogs and I did the machine stitching bit of the binding, leaving the hand stitching bit for Bridget to do.  Oh and sewing in the ends from the FMQ!  Well it's her quilt, she's got to do the work!

I've taken a couple of photos.  This one is my favourite.



I love to see a quilt all bundled up on the machine.  I'm not sure what it is - maybe that all the colours are bundled up too.  Maybe it's because it's sitting there waiting for action.   Whatever!

Then a couple on the front railings


See the little duckie in the bottom corner waiting to be sewn on.   


I think this quilt has worked really well - it's one I would be really proud to have made.  Not bad for a first quilt for Bridget!  I'll ask her to take some photos of the finished quilt before she hands it over.

So, it's now winging it's way to it's new owner - keep your fingers crossed for a safe arrival (the baby not the quilt!) 

14 comments:

  1. I can just imagine how thrilled the new mum is going to be with this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect baby quilt and I still cannot believe it is her first quilt. You are a good teacher and Bridget is a good sewist

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, what a lovely quilt. Love all the colors and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the colours and simplicity in that quilt. It just works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous quilt - the colours are great. Hope the early arrival is doing well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to work fast! Congrats to Bridget on her first quilt, you did a great job teaching her :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the back ...it's just gorgeous.

    This is utterly brilliant. I think your friend has the gift for quilt making.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh goodness! 5 weeks early! how is the baby? small i am sure, is it ok?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does look great on your table. I hope the baby is fine and I am sure the quilt will be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt is beautiful. It's hard to believe it's her first.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope the baby is doing OK. The quilt is lovely, I'd never believe it is Bridget's first.

    ReplyDelete