05 August 2012

Pets on Quilts


There's a comptetition on at the moment over at Lilypadquilts to show off pictures of your pets photographed on quilts.  Generally speaking, I try to keep my animals off my quilts - they are permanently covered in mud and  I don't let them on the bed, so why should they go on my quilts?  Also whilst being quite cute (IMHO) they are not particularly co-operative when it comes to taking photos.  The result is very few photos of any of them on quilts.

I have cats being cute in bags 



I have cats being cute in boxes



I have dogs just being cute






But occasionally they sneak past me when I'm not looking and I find one of the cats curled up in the middle of something.

Like this one


This was not posed in any way, honestly - it's obviously just somewhere where George felt safe!  Clearly,  he didn't know his bum and head were sticking out!


But I explained to Liska what great prizes were being offered, so she grudgingly agreed to pose, but I had to be pretty quick........


....... before she turned on the drama queen act.............


So please feel free to vote for either my dogs or cats on quilts (or both) when the voting starts next weekend, and also hop on over to Lilypadquilts to see the competition!

Di
xx

31 comments:

  1. these are great... I used to have 3 cats ALL loved the quilts ... one was ALWAYS in a box/bag/bin... anything xx (the older he got the worse he got!! thanks for reminding me x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love little Liska, and she's had a haircut recently too! So cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a cute group of pets. I think quilts have a magnetic power over pets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute pets, good luck with the contest. I have two dogs, but do you think they would let me photograph my turtle on a quilt. Might be a different approach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea - I love your model, and the quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dianne! I enjoyed your post! How George liked to push himself in the quilt roll! And Liska is great model on your beautiful quilt! I haven't seen our cat Nelli finding small places like bags or boxes to sleep. In summer she sleeps on the chairs outside (full of hairs) and in winter she insists to sleep next to my feet (even how many times at night I push her away and then give up).
    Have a great week! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to pin George's photo on Pinterest - seriously, how did he get in there? And how on earth did he get out? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pictures and the quilt is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have beautiful pets and quilts- I love George in the quilt. Mars our cat can be found in many different kinds of containers - bags, boxes and bins and often as my quilt helper too.
    Enjoy the blog hop.
    Regards from Western Canada,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Personally I agree about the pets on quilts....cats are a bit different but my dogs are outdoor dogs and don't get anywhere near my quilts unless they are on the washing line.....mmmm, there's an idea for a photo! I love your photo's, the pets are adorable and that quilt that Liska is modelling is sensational!
    Cath
    @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pets are beautiful! woofs and meows from my group here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, they can be drama queens when the camera comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh, they're adorable and your quilts are beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute post...and I know just what you mean about 'drama queens' (I have several)...thanks for the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We KruseKats are welcome to snuggle, except on mom's applique quilts. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look far too cute to ever be called drama queens!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Drama qheens? All pets are drama queens - that is what makes us love them so much. Thank you for sharing your furchildren with us Dianne!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pictures....never have figured out the connection with the camera...my kitty just will not cooperate! LOL
    Thanks for participating in the show!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How did George get into the middle of that quilt. It is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute pets and lovely quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your photos. Your pets and quilts are great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute post. Loved the pics, especially George. Yeah, he probably thought he wasn't visible, because cats are like that.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely quilts - thanks for the photo story about your pets.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely photos of your quilts and pets.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the one of that cat curled up in the middle of the quilt!

    ReplyDelete