07 August 2012

Something different

So since I cannot get on with either the Supernova quilt (waiting to agree how to finish it with my friend), nor my terraced garden (need more fabric for the back) nor Bridgets quilt (waiting for Bridget) I thought I'd drag out this


and this


I've had both for ages, but they've been on the bottom of the list of things to do.

It's a fairly easy pattern - no darts, zips or waistbands - just a few curves to sew, which I've had a bit of practice on recently.  This is how it looks so far.



Isn't it great?   It's very 1970's but I am a child of the 70's  (clue there, if there are any members of  Sew Euro-bee-an reading this!).


I still have to hem it and do the bias binding around the neck, but the main problem is it's a bit tight acros the top of the arms (swimmers shoulders gordon says!) and it wrinkles.



 
I've done a bit of "quantitive easing" around the seams and it's a bit better.

Does anyone know a good diet for the top of your arms?

I might get on to finish it tomorrow with a bit of luck.  Just the thought of making the bais binding is slowing me down a bit!

Right, off to watch some more of the Olympics.  I have the advantage of two teams to shout for - GB and CZ!




19 comments:

  1. Looking good! And you think you've got problems, I have rower's shoulders AND rower's thighs... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beauties you both are! I love the fabric, I love the colour.
    The blue really suits you
    Nice shorts too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di, here's another sew euro bee an ;o)
    This blue must be made for you! It is a perfect match and your kaftan looks great!

    Best regards
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute is that! looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Love the fabric too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - look at you in your shorts and kaftan top - you look bloody GREAT!! I`ve seen this pattern and it`s on my to do list but I have to lose some weight first before I attempt my clothes making!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love it! Im a child of the 80s but I still gravitate toward 70s style :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the top. I haven't got any advice on losing arm fat, I'm afraid, but I think you look great in your tunic top!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great. And seriously, you have no extra bulk anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've met you! There is no excess flesh on you. I'd blame the pattern. I don't make clothes because nothing is made to go round my boobs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely!
    You find that 'diet' - let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look lovely you flower power girl you! It doesn't look too tight, but make sure you wash it cold or it could get tighter!!! Arms....hmmmm....everything I can think of would just define the muscles more and they could get bigger. Can you have liposuction at the top of your arms?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd research making bigger armholes and adjusting the pattern... as for susan, there's always duct tape... Fabulous fabric for you though, really suits you! Looks great Di x

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooohhh Di it looks fantastic! I suggest weights and pilates, although honestly I don't think you have fat arms ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is such a lovely pattern and you look great in it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look great and the top looks lovely too. Love the colour it really suits you. Are you serious? You do not have fat arms.

    ReplyDelete
  17. a good diet for the top of your arms! ha! i wish i could figure out a good diet for my thighs that didn't require me to stop eating...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute top. Your shoulders are perfect, so I don't know how you can whittle them any smaller unless you have a surgeon narrow the bones. Hmmm, or you could pass it on to a small child, because you are tiny my dear

    ReplyDelete