12 August 2012

Sorry, but it's mine!

As I'm a bit stuck making progress on any of my projects at the moment, I thought I'd make a start on a quilt that I've wanted to do for a long time, for someone  who shall remain nameless (in case they are reading this).   So I picked out a pattern I thought this person would like, and of course that I wanted to make.  I chose the Envy block from this book

Modern Blocks: 99 Quilt Blocks from Your Favorite Designers

And then I picked out some fabrics that I thought this person would like, and made a couple of blocks to see how they looked.

 
Pink sashing with mainly green, and green sashing with mainly pink.   And you know what, I like them so much, I'm keeping them!!!!  So sorry friend, you're not getting them, they're mine!!

Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to take them apart because I realised too late that the FQ I have of each of the sashing fabrics, is not going to be enough to do a whole quilt (duh!), and although I only bought it in february, I can't get any anywhere

   
It called Emma by Michele Scott for Northcott studios.  If anyone has any idea where I can get it from, or has some unwanted fabric in their stash (I need both pink and green), I'd be ever so pleased to hear from you.  I do have some pink and green Kona solids which would do just as well, but I do like the little curlycue on this one!  It adds a bit of texture.

And the good news is that I think Gordon has mended my machine.  He has repositioned the cog that I'd blasted out of place, and now I just have to try it.   Keep your fingers crossed.

10 comments:

  1. Love the Envy block. Fingers are crossed for you and machine, hope it works smoothly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for you. Those blocks are very pretty. I love pink and green together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No luck here. Since these strips "read" solid, perhaps you could find some solids or batiks to match/blend, and continue on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty blocks! Fabric Shack has that fabric in stock. The pink is here. Quilt Expressions also carries some of the prints here. I used QuiltShops.com to find both of these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are lovely, I always love pink and green together. I think you best use that i-thingy and search about to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you can source some more fabric soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, no idea on the fabric, but fingers crossed for Gordon's engineering prowess!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blocks are very nice. I hope you can find the fabric. Did Gordon work his magic on the machine?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blocks and good thing you didn't name the person they were originally meant for - or they would be banging down your door demanding them!

    ReplyDelete