07 September 2012

Mod Pod QAL






There's a make of paper tissues here called Zewa, and their boxes are really cool.  They have several "mod" style patterns - a great marketing tool as it certainly makes me buy them rather than any other brand - and ages ago I saved this one. 


The idea was that one day, when I was a proper quilter, I would make the design into a quilt.  If I could work out how.

But now I don't need to bother, because someone else has already done it.  Julie, at Distant Pickles has come up with the Mod Pod quilt, which is pretty close to my tissue box don't you think?





I actually came across it when Leanne made her Whitewater quilt,


Mod Pop



 and now she's actually hosting a QAL, so I just have to join in don't I?

I needed a quilt to go with the new colour scheme in our spare room as the old pink quilt cover really doesn't do the job any more!





I've bought the pattern and I've pulled out some greens and blues.............



.............and I'm ready to go!

And if you fancy joining in, Leanne is giving away a copy of the pattern, although the giveaway closes today, , and there's a flickr group too.   Looking forward to getting started!

xx



13 comments:

  1. Love the colours you are going with - and that's a pretty cool looking stash you have mrs!! I am coming over to raid it late one night when you are fast asleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! Love the fabrics you pulled :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have very nice green fabric! Where did you get it from? I suppose it is not from CZ shops. Colour combination is nice, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those colours, have fun, as usual I'm going to be sitting on the sidelines cheering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tissue box! Will look forward to seeing it come together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last summer I painted lime green and blue stripes on my 13 year old daughter's walls. I cant wait to see your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This quilt looks stunning and your colors are great. This will look much to good to hide in the bedroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is amazing that you saved that tissue box. It certainly looks like the quilt. I think your fabrics will look great in this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the look of this quilt Di. It's going to be amazing in the fabrics you've been pulling from your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's such a great quilt isn't it - I love Leanne's version too...can't wait to see how you get on!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is SO funny! So glad I could work all the math out for you, lol. I am a HUGE fan of blues and greens so I think your fabric picks are perfect! By the way, I use that pouch that you made for me almost every day. I think if you ever get around to a tutorial I'll have a whole army of them! I get a lot of compliments on it too, people want it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am catching up here, one more morning of crazy work and then a day and a half for just sewing and catching up with all my quilters on line. Your plan for the Mod Pop is wonderful, I am so glad you are quilting along! I will be drawing right after lunch here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy colors! I like this pattern, but I'm not really looking to join anything new at the moment. I can't wait to see what you make though!

    ReplyDelete