28 September 2012

Mod Pod QAL

I've spent the last couple of evenings in front of the telly watching gripping episodes of NCIS and cutting out these


It is boring, but at least I can sit down, I'm not bent over a table for hours.   It seems like I've done hundreds, but I think I'm pnly about 1/3 of the way there.

I had a play with the pieces this morning to check on what they look like.  This was the original idea for a colour way - lime on aqua

The colours here are not showing up too well - the greens are much more striking than this


But then I swapped them around


aqua on lime
And you know, I think I like this better - shows a better contrast than the first.  The only thing then is I don't have as many lime prints as aqua.  But I have signed up to get the monthly stash stack from Pink Castle fabrics, and this month's, which should be here soon, just happens to be lime.


I admit I'm slightly dissappointed that the two don't stand out against each other better, but there again I knew this in my heart of hearts.  They are never going to be such a contrast as if I'd used white for one of the colours.  But I'm committed now! 

Which do you prefer?

14 comments:

  1. I think you are probably right Di - I think I do prefer the second one. Either way it will look lovely. How great to have signed up to the stash club - I'm tempted every month when I see those lovelies over blogland and my stash really needs a boost right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they do stand out fairly well, but that sewing them together and quilting them will make them stand out more so keep going. It is going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely prints you've got there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love this pattern and you are using my favorite color combination. I'm surprised how different it looks when you switch them around. I do like the second one, aqua with a green background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer option #2 as well. Although September's stash was aqua, so I'm a tad confuddled now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them both but I would go with the first one if it was me. Both would be great. I would suggest that you lay out enough to make four blocks and see what you like better then. And I agree with Susan, once you piece and quilt these it will be contrast enough, and really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am the odd man out but i like option 1 best. but i prefer blue to green... i think that it will contrast very well but just keep going! once you have a few more it will be much more pronounced.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the second one too - and actually I think they stand out from each other pretty well - and they are much more interesting than white would be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prefer option one to be honest, but either way will look gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dianne, I don't know much about quilting but I think you really can't lose with the colours and patterns you've chosen. It is just going to look gorgeous!
    Thanks for being a part of Blogtoberfest, hosted by Cathy aka {tinniegirl} last year. Thought you might be interested to know that we're running it again in 2012. You can find all the info at: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/blogtoberfest-2012.html
    And we're kicking off this Monday! Would love to see you there.
    Kat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your colour choices and think it will look fantastic when finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im in the "I like the second layout" camp. I think that once this is all sewn together as as a quilt top and it's quilted that design is going to pop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I prefer the second one too and it should turn out really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the colours and fabrics you've used. Really like it

    ReplyDelete