11 September 2012

Sew Euro-bee-an



This is the first month for the Sew Euro-bee-an Bee started by Helen and myself.   Helen very galantly went first (I, as always, am bringing up the rear next October!) and requested a 9 patch blog using sea glass colours, and adding a bit of a modern twist

This was our inspiration


and these are Helen's blocks
























Helen sent a great selection of fabrics in the colours she is looking for, and I added a few scraps of my own and came up with these two blocks



This is a pattern I've done before, based on a Charles Rennie Mackintosh design (oops missed that thread!)



And here's the second. (looking at this one - it doesn't look like I pressed it!  I think I was too excited about getting a photo! But I have done since - I think)

And together




I really enjoyed doing these - simple enough, but with the freedom to make it a bit random.  They're going off in the post today Helen - I really hope you like them!

10 comments:

  1. Great blocks Di, the colours are lovely too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are going to give a great random effect overall in the quilt :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be such a pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I do - they're gorgeous! This is getting so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look lovely, Di! I haven't started mine yet (psst, don't tell Helen) but am really looking forward to making them. I just need to find some time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours on that mosaic and the blocks are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are perfect and you have captured helen's inspiration perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blocks, such pretty colours. I love Charles Rennie Mackintosh designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is going to be such an awesome quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love the mosaic and the sea colours and the patchwork blocks!

    ReplyDelete