When her machine is at the menders? A few weeks ago I stitched over a pin, the machine went bang, and according to my husband, I dislodged a bearing (??!!). He put it back in place, but maybe I did more damage than at first thought, because when I came to use the FMQ foot, I just couldn't get it to sew properly. I was pulling my hair out trying to get the tension right. In the end I called it a day and took it to the repair shop. It was due a service anyway.
I did manage to buy a some fabric whilst I was there, to finish off my terraced garden, and for a new quilt for a friend that I haven't started yet.
I was working on the Supernova quilt, trying to get it finished for Rhonda's Q3 finish along, and I was making good progress, but I don't think there's much chance now.
Here's what I've managed to do though. My friend wanted a simple back, perhaps just white. Well, I couldn't leave it plain white could I? So I used up some of the HST's I was left with, and made a double row of pinwheels - my favourite.
The front is also finished.
I spent Sunday pressing all the seams flat, then yesterday was spent creased up on the floor basting it
I'm not over keen on this bit as I have to force my body into all sorts of uncomfortable positions to get it done. We used to play a game call Twister when I was young - it's a bit like that really, but nowadays it's a lot more difficult and painful!
It's done now, but it has to go into a holding pattern in the dining room, until I get my machine back, hopefully next Monday. I've still got plenty to do though - lots of cutting and some hand sewing, and we have visitors this week too. The last of the bunch for this year - no-one wants to come in the winter!