Now that I've got my machine back from the repair man, and thank goodness it seems to be back in working order, I am cracking on with quilting Supernova.
This is the first time I am quilting something so big, and it seems to have multiplied in size several times once it's on the machine. I'm currently wallowing in the middle of it like one of those bugs that gets stuck upside down , waving it's legs in the air!
Despite the fact I bought an extension table, the quilt still gets stuck on one or other of the edges or corners. Add to that the weight of it all, and there is a tremendous amount of drag. It makes it extremely difficult to get any rythm going, and I seem to sew a couple of inches, stop, wrestle it around a bit, then do another couple of inches. Consequently my stippling does flow very well and is turning into more of a wavy line! If anyone has any tips to make life easier, they would be gratefully received.
I had considered a more tricky pattern, but decided against it as I didn't want to ruin this particular quilt, as it is for a friend. Good job I think. I'll save that for the Terraced garden, which is smaller, more manoeuvrable, and destined for my spare bedroom, so it doesn't matter if it's a bit dodgy.
It's a long weekend here in CZ and we have no power at the factory tomorrow, so it's extended to 4 days. This is probably what I'll be up to most of the time, so I'm linking up to Lee's WIP Wednesday